filling foods?

Options
VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
Can anyone suggest some foods that fill you up without a lot of calories. I have class all day so I usually just have a snack in between each one or so, I'm eating often but I'm starved! Maybe what I'm eating just isn't substantial enough, any suggestions? Usually I will eat dried cranberries, carrots, nuts, nutri-grain bar, stuff like that, O and I have a pretty big breakfast before I leave! Thanks so much! :happy:

~Leash

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Can anyone suggest some foods that fill you up without a lot of calories. I have class all day so I usually just have a snack in between each one or so, I'm eating often but I'm starved! Maybe what I'm eating just isn't substantial enough, any suggestions? Usually I will eat dried cranberries, carrots, nuts, nutri-grain bar, stuff like that, O and I have a pretty big breakfast before I leave! Thanks so much! :happy:

~Leash
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I know it doesnt work "on the go" but I often eat quaker weight control oatmeal for breakfast. I has alot of fiber which keeps you really full.

:drinker:
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    Try low fat yogurt and granola (which also comes low fat, if you prefer) with some bananas or berries or something. I found that 1/4 cup of the yogurt and granola and like...half of a banana kept me satisfied from morning to afternoon. (or at least from around 6 am to about 1 when I get lunch)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Eat protein-keeps you fuller longer.
    5.gif
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Hmmm... you know all of the snacks like almonds, fruit, etc. Here's a radical thought for you...try the celery sticks (some add the peanut butter and raisins ;-), and ...Romaine Lettuce.

That's right...Romaine Lettuce :laugh:

I just grabbed a few leaves, placed them in a baggie, added them into my bag for work...and when I needed a snack I grabbed one - folded it up - and just nibbled while working. And with some fresh almonds, I was good to go.

One note though...I did start my day with a blend of plain yogurt, granola oats, a few slices of strawberries, and blueberries for my starter - which is now my new love for Breakfast ;-)

Be at peace...and keep learning!!!
  • thirteen_geisha
    Options
    If you have a coffee shop nearby, try stopping off for a nonfat latte or cappuccino. The calcium is great for you, and the coffee can be sipped throughout your class, so it keeps you more satisfied. Add to it a banana, some almonds, or a pack of peanut butter crackers and you're set.

I think it's great that you're taking charge of your health at school. SOOOOO much of your academic life requires focus, and if you aren't eating healthy then you risk losing that focus.

Let us know if you find some delicious, healthy, filling snacks. And good luck this semester! :flowerforyou:
  • sallyomally333
    Options
    I stick with an apple and some lean ham (lunch meat). The mix of protein and fiber is very filling. And the calorie count is much lower than any protein bar. Almonds or ff popcorn are also filling snacks.