CHEESE LOVERS?

Options
Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
I love real cheese (not the low fat no fat kind)

Just found a new one (new to me) called cave aged gruyere made with raw milk

totally awesome...the usual 120 cals per oz for cheese but totally worth it
give it a try...clean burning fuel

Dave:happy:

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Options
    I love real cheese (not the low fat no fat kind)

Just found a new one (new to me) called cave aged gruyere made with raw milk

totally awesome...the usual 120 cals per oz for cheese but totally worth it
    give it a try...clean burning fuel

Dave:happy:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Did someone say cheese????:love:

Thanks Dave!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    mmmm cheese!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I just drooled on my keyboard a little. Did you eat it by itself or did you pair it up with something?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I love Cheese :heart: :love: :heart: :love: my husband and I used to get a few different kinds, and a couple bottles of wine and eat/drink all of it.

no wonder we got so chubby! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: havent done that in a LONG time..
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!

Did you know that fresh grated parmesan is actually pretty low in calories? (The harder the cheese, the lower the cals, generally.) But since it is such a strong cheese, it adds great flavor. I go a little wild with it on my caesars, but it is such a satisfying indulgence!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I love Cheese :heart: :love: :heart: :love: my husband and I used to get a few different kinds, and a couple bottles of wine and eat/drink all of it.

no wonder we got so chubby! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: havent done that in a LONG time..

BUT.....in your defense......cheese and wine go together like hobos and bad smells.

WHY do they both have to have so many daggum calories?!!:sad:
  • Tiddle
    Options

BUT.....in your defense......cheese and wine go together like hobos and bad smells.

I KNOW!!! hehehe, 2 of my favorite things too!:love:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I KNOW!!! hehehe, 2 of my favorite things too!:love:

Mine too!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    My favorite is Precious All Natural Pepperjack cheese sticks...only 80 calories per stick!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I just drooled on my keyboard a little. Did you eat it by itself or did you pair it up with something?

I had some thick slices of raw cucumber with it...sounds strange but it was pretty dog gone tasty and a nice fresh taste
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Me three!!!:drinker:
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I love cheddar...but my real love is Mozzarella Cheese.

I know, there's not too much flavor there, but I just love it...with wine, tomatoes and balsamic, etc...

Thanks...now I'm heading out from work...on my way to find the cheese in the fridge :laugh:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I know this is going to sound weird ...

But I would give up chocolate before I give up cheese!

I have finally adjusted to the reduce fat cheeses - its just wrong though .. so wrong
  • Tiddle
    Options
    I love cheddar...but my real love is Mozzarella Cheese.

I know, there's not too much flavor there, but I just love it...with wine, tomatoes and balsamic, etc...

Thanks...now I'm heading out from work...on my way to find the cheese in the fridge :laugh:

YUMMO
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I know this is going to sound weird ...

But I would give up chocolate before I give up cheese!

I have finally adjusted to the reduce fat cheeses - its just wrong though .. so wrong

I can do reduced fat....it's the NO fat that makes me want to
    2zq7z15.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LMAO! Who knew a cheese thread could be so darn entertaining...and drool inducing. Yowzers! I need to get a mop over here...I think the reduced fat chews tastes like rubber. :grumble:

Chocolate vs cheese....that's a tough call for me. Honestly though...I gave up 95% of my chocolate when I started losing weight. The cheese is still there, though. :embarassed: I guess I answered my own question! LOL
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    the real beauty tho is that cheese is good for us!!!
    calcium...GREAT

protein...GREAT

taste....GREAT GREAT

its a winner...just cant eat that 2nd third and 4th chunk
  • kfromalaska
    Options
    If you like groyere, or however it's spelled, you should try the groyer and chicken sausage links made by Aidells. They're 190 cals and so so so yummy and filling. you can usually find them at costco. The chicken and apple ones are only 100 calories.....
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Those sound fantastic! There's a local meat market here that carries Chicken Spinach Feta Sausages. SOOO good.