Newbie & tire of being "FLUFFY" :) 100+ to lose...lets do t

banana_peechz
banana_peechz Posts: 2
edited October 3 in Introduce Yourself
Hello my name is Diana. I have a wonderful hubby and two children. My daughter is 4 yrs old and my son is 10 months. I'm doing this to be able to keep up w/them. I've struggled w/my weight since before I can remember. This is by far the biggest I've ever been. It's time for a change. My Hubby heard about this site from a friend and told me about it. I joined it not too long ago and looooove it so far. I'm actually excited to count my calories. Now I just need to get my choices of food on track. I'm tired of being limited to what I can do because of my weight and body. As funny as it sounds, my ultimate goal is FIT on a ROLLER COASTER. I'd love to hear your story, the steps you took and the ones your taking now. All suggestions & advice is welcomed. Let's do it together! Cheers to a LIGHTER life! ;)

Replies

• Lewisgrl23
    Lewisgrl23 Posts: 24 Member
    Welcome and I feel ya!!!!
  • Don't worry! The roller coaster goal is awesome! My dad's goal was to fit on a roller coaster as well. He got up to almost 300 pounds and he just couldn't sit down in roller coasters or the straps were a few inches too short for him. I know there are a few roller coasters in parks (like at Disney) that have seats for bigger people, but most amusement parks do not make coasters like that. My dad was an avid coaster rider and we are all in ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts). He was able to lose enough weight to fit! So I was proud of him and he enjoys riding coasters. Of course now he's starting to gain a bit back and he's frustrated about that.

Anyway, good luck! :-D I'm a newbie too. I started a couple of days ago.
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey. There is no magic formula to losing weight, just eat more whole grains, lean meats, fruits and veggies, aim to workout at least 5 days a week and the pounds will melt off, trust me!! Oh, and don't forget to keep hydrated (at LEAST 8 glasses of water a day) and cut out all sodas and juices. The formula that works for me is I eat very healthy 5 to 6 days a week and I allow myself to cheat on the remaining days. That does not mean that you go overboard, it just means that if at lunchtime for instanceI feel for pizza or a burger, I allow myself to have it, but the other meals I try to still keep as healthy as possible. Can't wait to see your transformation :)
This discussion has been closed.