Help with pork bun madness!

Options
I am suffering a serious mama-jamma craving for a chinese steamed pork bun from a street vendor in Leicester Square.
They are about the size of a grapefruit (so not the little dim-sum ones). I need to know if I can reasonably fit it in to my meal plan tomorrow.

Anyone have many idea how many calories?

Ha ha! My stomach actually just gave a little groan as I was writing this.... I cant disappoint it!

PS. It's 1.00am here in the UK....that's how desperate I am.... :cry:

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am suffering a serious mama-jamma craving for a chinese steamed pork bun from a street vendor in Leicester Square.
    They are about the size of a grapefruit (so not the little dim-sum ones). I need to know if I can reasonably fit it in to my meal plan tomorrow.

Anyone have many idea how many calories?

Ha ha! My stomach actually just gave a little groan as I was writing this.... I cant disappoint it!

PS. It's 1.00am here in the UK....that's how desperate I am.... :cry:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    go to bed! You'll wake-up not caring about it & will feel great for passing them up!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I get the frozen Cha Sui Bau. Serving size is 1 Bau(size is about that of baseball cut in half) 210 calories. So, maybe use that and multiply by 2...??? Not all that bad if it's lunch.
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    lol....but i want one tomorrow:sad: :sad: :sad:

ahem sorry...you're right...need sleep! :yawn:
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    I get the frozen Cha Sui Bau. Serving size is 1 Bau(size is about that of baseball cut in half) 210 calories. So, maybe use that and multiply by 2...??? Not all that bad if it's lunch.

fabulous! thanks.

I can sleep easy now :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Hahaha...sweet dreams!!!
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    Ohhh Leicester Square..

can I come live with you? I will buy you lots of pork buns...
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    They sound GOOD!!!!:love::love: Go for it!!!!

J/K

I would make some room for that though. Never had one but they sound awesome.

Ok...ignore my comment completely, K?:embarassed:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have these in my freezer, they are 5 ounces, 300 calories. so hope that helps you judge- just do a bit of a workout and you'll be completely fine :wink:
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    Ohhh Leicester Square..

can I come live with you? I will buy you lots of pork buns...

Now that sounds like a deal! I didnt get my pork bun...just I as getting to the place where they sell them, I got called into work:grumble: :grumble:

Then met hubby who said it was too late and we had to go home:brokenheart: :brokenheart:

So I'm still dreaming.... my God when did I get so pathetic?? It's totally crept up on me!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • DaisyJane
    Options

J/K

Awesome is the word my friend :smile:
    I'm going to find and try out a low fat recipe and share it with you all (if it doesn't taste pooey)!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

J/K

Awesome is the word my friend :smile:
    I'm going to find and try out a low fat recipe and share it with you all (if it doesn't taste pooey)!

That would be awesome!!!!

Thanks girl!:flowerforyou: