just like a pickle rollup!! snack idea

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
I just made the best snack, and the best part!? It was only 102 calories guesstimated. It tastes just like one of those pickle rollups you always see at parties! This recipe adds carbs to get that extra fiber, has 11 g of protein and 5 g of fiber to keep you full.

- 1/2 Flatout wrap, your choice (I used Italian)
- 1/2 wedge Laughing cow any flavor (I used Light Swiss)
- 1/4 cup refrigerator pickles (To make, cut 2 cucumbers into slices, combine with 1 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup of sugar in a container, put it in the fridge and let the flavors blend. They're soooo good and they keep for a couple of weeks!)
- 3 slices your choice lunch meat (I used Deli Fresh Oscar Meyer Chicken)

Spread Laughing Cow on the Flatout wrap. Place slices of chicken over it, and then put the pickles in the wrap. Wrap up, slice in half.

Calories - 102
Carbs - 13 g
Fat - 3 g
Sodium - 580 mg
Protein - 11 g
Fiber - 5 g

Replies

• CherylleeH
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm going to try it!
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I used to love eating pickles, but since I cut extra salt out of my diet I don't get them too often. I wonder if I reduce the salt in the pickle mixture if I'd get the same effect. Hmmm... experiment time!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I used to love eating pickles, but since I cut extra salt out of my diet I don't get them too often. I wonder if I reduce the salt in the pickle mixture if I'd get the same effect. Hmmm... experiment time!

I love the sound of these but like you, I need to watch sodium so this would account for about 1/3 of my daily quota!

The suprise here is that the laughing cow cheese is the sodium hog --- those litte triangles are loaded with sodium!
    Probably more than the pickles --- you can buy no salt added pickles which are pretty yummy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    The great thing about those pickles I make is that they have way less sodium than store bought! Distilled vinegar has a teeny amount of salt in it, and the same with sugar! It's the meat that has the most sodium in my recipe.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm trying to change how I eat & sometimes I REALLY miss my old snacks. It's good to know there are healthier alternatives :smile: