NSV - poledancing!

Options
I went to my first poledancing (for fitness before anyone asks!haha) this evening and i went by myself, in a city i've just moved to for a new job.
I would never have even gone on a bus by myself before and i was scared but i made myself go in!
It was hard and arms are like noodles, i predict that tomorrow i wont be able to even pick up my pants but i will be going again next week without a doubt!

Replies

• HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I just recently starting doing poledancing for a workout too!!! I love it!!! Great job being brave and trying new things!!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I also moved to a new city & couldn't imagine going by myself :smile: Poledancing sounds like so much fun though- I want to try it sometime...
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I really want to do pole dancing!
    Iv heard by so many people that its really good exercise!
    And it does look very fun!!

But its also expensive where i am, about £30 a class.
    And the closest like gym or whatever that holds it is about 45 mins away by car, and i dont have a car.. =(
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    woo hoo evelyn....now you need to post a video....LOL proud of you
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    How can I talk my wife into taking one of these classes ?
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I really want to do pole dancing!
    Iv heard by so many people that its really good exercise!
    And it does look very fun!!

But its also expensive where i am, about £30 a class.
    And the closest like gym or whatever that holds it is about 45 mins away by car, and i dont have a car.. =(

I dont have a car either, i managed to find one i can walk to. its about fifteen mins and costs £7.00....30 is way expensive!!
  • TL2988
    TL2988 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome! That's definitely on my workout to-do list. Sounds like a ton of fun!
  • ghoastie
    Options
    Congrats! I've been doing it about two months and yesterday, I did my first inversion (going upside down on the pole). It's been amazing to see the changes from week to week - when I started, the beginner class just about killed me. Now I'm taking seven classes a week in five days! My body is changing before my very eyes and my strength has improved an incredible amount.

If you can't get to a class, you can buy a pole for home. I just got an X-Pole, which doesn't have to be permanently installed (many of my instructors have them in their apartments) and will still take my over 200+ pounds without collapsing. (I've seen girls weighing up to 300 pounds throw themselves on and around an X-Pole without it moving *AT ALL*. If only they knew it wasn't permanently attached!) There are a ton of beginner videos on YouTube, so don't bother with buying any of those expensive DVDs. If anyone wants to chat about pole dancing for fitness, feel free to send me a message!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!