Well, hello! Newbie :)

Options
Hi, I just stumbled unto this site and joined right away... I'm 5'11, clocking in at approximately 188lbs most days, I want to get down to a svelte 150 by Spring of 2012. I think that'll look good with my height?

I really have no clue how to go about it. I've just been doing two 50 min sessions at the gym a week (most weeks at least) for the last month, mostly cardio, a few core exercises. My scales say I've lost 2/3 lbs but I'm not that convinced as they seem to come straight back within a day or so! (I do have to get out of the habit of weighing myself every second, I know it doesn't help :S)

I am really trying to get my diet together- very difficult on a student income, you take what you can get! So my nutrition is wack right now, but I'm doing my best. I've definitely started drinking a lot more water, and very rarely drink anything else. I average at least 4/5 glasses a day, which is a lot for me as I have a non-existent thirst drive.

If you've got any suggestions I'm more than willing to hear them! Sorry for the long post, I'm feeling very self-conscious about this, as I'm sure a few of you might have experienced, it's pretty hard to motivate myself to go gym when I feel like there'll be eyes on me. I'm so glad I found this site!

Replies

• krbn2
    krbn2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

I know what you mean about weighing too much...I am guilty of that myself.

Everybody's in the gym to improve themselves, and they're probably too busy focusing on that to judge anyone else. If they are standing around judging people, you should judge them right back for spending gym time just standing around judging people!

Feel free to add me as a friend.