So I signed up for Water Aerobics

Options
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 50 mins each class. For someone who goes from no activity to this kind of activity, what kind of aches and pains can I look forward to? :noway:

I'm not complaining, but I want to be prepared if I need ice packs, heating pads and arnica rub lol

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays and Thursdays, 50 mins each class. For someone who goes from no activity to this kind of activity, what kind of aches and pains can I look forward to? :noway:

I'm not complaining, but I want to be prepared if I need ice packs, heating pads and arnica rub lol
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

You'll definitely feel it but the water helps you work much harder than if you were simply doing floor aerobics because of the resistance factor. Water workouts are great! Just take it easy if you're just starting out with excercise, always take time to warm up with the group, workout to your pace, then cool down at the end with the group.

Let me know how you like it! I take 1-2 water aerobics classes a day...love it! As you get more fit you can push yourself more and work harder and work in the ddper water to get an even better workout.

Rinse your suit and hair etc with cold water to get all the chlorine out...there ya go, tips on how to keep your hair half way decent and suit lasting more than 3 monthes:ohwell: :drinker: :flowerforyou: \

FC:heart:

Oh the most important thing of all? By all means take a water bottle and drink more often than you think you need it. Being in the water is deceiving, you DO sweat while working in it and need to drink just as much water there as working out anywhere else. I'm simply blown away by how many folks don't bring a water bottle to class...I could down 3-4 easy if I felt I wanted to drop my HR enough to get out and fill it up at the drinking fountain. So I sometimes bring several bottles and drink tons after class.

Have fun!:bigsmile:
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I didn't have much when I went from very little activity to water aerobics. It is a very low impact workout and a lot of times it doesn't even fell like you are working out. If you push through it really gungho you may be a little sore but I didn't really experience anything. It is all about what you put into it. If you want results from this type of exercise you have to be willing to push through it and really work for it because you can get away with doing a minimum of activity and not really burn many calories. So make sure you can motivate yourself and go with what you body allows.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I did water aerobics for awhile last year and loved it. I am going to call on Monday and see about signing back up. It was great fun and like mentioned above, some of the group really worked and others just merely floated along. I toned my body in many places and really enjoyed it at the same time.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I want to put the effort into it, because it's costing me more money than I wanted to spend, but darn it, I'm worth it!

I also know that if I push through it and actually work out, then while I may hurt at first, the more I do it, the better I will feel. ( I hope!)