wii fit question

Options
Right now I am working out for 2 hrs three days a week at the gym but I'm also using the wii fit should I input the wii workout in my exercise records if so under what? any ideas

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Right now I am working out for 2 hrs three days a week at the gym but I'm also using the wii fit should I input the wii workout in my exercise records if so under what? any ideas
  • danokanee
    Options
    I play dance, dance revolution so I put it under dance. you could put it under the sport you're playing and maybe deduct some time if it's not quite as vigorous as the 'real' thing.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    thankx alot
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

I know it seems kind off topic but I would really recommend picking up a heart rate monitor. It is the only way to really know what your burning. Found a polar f6 on ebay for 70.00. But there are plenty of other affordable ones out there. Oddly enough I put mine on and checked to see how much some of the Wii fit activities burned and here is what I found

6 mins of Hula hoop=52 calories
    12 mins of boxing=119 calories
    One advanced step session=32 calories
    One full island lap on the one player run=166 calories

That's what I found for me. But everyone burns calories differently so it might be different for you but at least it might give you an idea.

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Krsheal
    Krsheal Posts: 12
    Options
    I always put any additional workout on the wii. I love my Wii.

127358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Krsheal
    Options
    That is great info. I always wonder how many calories I'm burning doing certain activities. How many calories does the 30 min free step burn? Always wondered about that.
    Thank you so much for your assistance...

127358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rollinrose
    rollinrose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is great that you were able to get Wii Fit, it seems to be unavailable everywhere in my area. I have substituted with My Fitness Coach for the Wii which was only about $30 and after each workout (customizable) it tells you about how many calories you've burned. :tongue:
  • Krsheal
    Options
    That is great that you were able to get Wii Fit, it seems to be unavailable everywhere in my area. I have substituted with My Fitness Coach for the Wii which was only about $30 and after each workout (customizable) it tells you about how many calories you've burned. :tongue:

So with My Fitness Coach you don't need the wii board? Have you tried checking Amazon or game stop. Before we found ours at game stop we were going to order it from Amazon and many times they have great deals.