Pita Wrap Pizza

Options
Dannypuck
Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
This is something my wife came up with.

1 Thomas Sahara 100% Whole Wheat Pita Wrap (160 cal)
1 cup pizza sauce (180 cal of the kind I use)
1/2 cup pizza blend shredded cheese (180 cal)
6 pepperonis (70 cal)

lay out the Pita wrap and spread sauce on top of the pita.sprinkle cheese on top of sauce. Add pepperoni.

Cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Total is around 600 cal. I thought it would be good light dinner or heavier snack.

Replies

• chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    u could try this too

Someone recommended about using a tortilla as a pizza base and i finally got around to doing it ( rest of family had normal pizza !) SOOO yummy!

Ingredients..

Kerry - Low Low Cheese,
    Asda - Wholemeal Tortilla, 1 tortillas
    Tomatoes - Cherry Tomatoes,
    Mushrooms - Raw, 4 medium
    Asda Choosen by You - Finely Sliced Chicken Breast (Chargrill Style),
    Tesco Organic - Tomato Purée - Double Concentrated 2 tablespoons

Take the tortilla and place on a non stick oven proof baking tray. Spread the tomato puree over the Torilla as a tomato base. Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the top of the "pizza" and top with grated cheese.

Place in oven at 200c for about 10-12 mins

Volia! thin crispy based pizza. You can change the topping about and still have a healthy option. This pizza i made was 360cals for the whole thing! xx
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    How big is the pita wrap? That seems like a lot of sauce. I've been enjoying flatbread and pita pizza myself, so thanks for the suggestion!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    both are good, I prefer the pita since it can hold the weight of the ingredients better.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I love these things!!Thanks!!
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of sauce, but you could get away with less.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Another item to use that's just AMAZING for a "crust" is an Indian Naan. I get mine in the frozen section of Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati (Garlic flavor, of course) and it makes a HUGE meal, especially if you add a salad with it!