opinions plz

Options
question? how many of yall have a cut off time where you dont eat after? i sometimes do it and sometimes dont. i just really eat only every 4 hours, but im just wondering does really having a cut off time really work in the long run after several months?? im wondering if having a cut off time will help lower my blood sugar... so opinions anyone???

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I dont have a cut off time..hasnt hurt me..I am 3 pounds from goal weight
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    40 minutes before intending to sleep... last food item is a carbohydrate snack factored in to my daily calories/protein/carbs etc.... Carbs before bed help you sleep as it raises your blood sugar levels. Low GI carbs like wholemeal bread with a mashed banana is the best option! :) slow energy release throughout the night!
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry. Even if its right before bed. I have lost 65lbs and still losing.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i dont have a cut off time either and i'm pretty much at goal! but i do need to work on setting one so i can maintain :)) curious what other people have to say :)
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I also do not have a cut of time. It does not suit my personality. If I can't eat - it makes me want to eat! LOL
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, no matter what time it is. Just make sure you eat healthy foods.
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    I don't know on the blood sugar part, but I quit eating by 7pm, roughly 3 hours before I go to bed. That has helped me, mostly because anything I eat late is snack type stuff that isn't very good for me.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    same here
    I eat when I am hungry. Even if its right before bed. I have lost 65lbs and still losing.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Some people say it helps, other people say it makes no difference. I am in the "it makes no difference" group. I tried not eating after 7:30 for a while and then went back to normal, in my weight loss, I could not tell a difference. I think it is different for each person. I would say try it, if it helps great, if not, then there is no harm done. Good luck!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    No real cut off time for me.

At times I have a casein protein shake a little before bed.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I tend to get stomach aches in the middle of the night if I eat before bed, so I don't. That's really my only limitation in terms of time of day.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Right before bed, sometimes in bed (though the boyfriend gets mad if it is a noisy crunch food and he is trying to sleep). I've yet to sleep eat (or at least nobody has informed me that I've done it).
  • jcdfish
    jcdfish Posts: 31
    Options
    I used to think that was a good idea, but no more. I think once we're on a good path with a food plan and with keeping the appetite under control, that our bodies will be our best guides. If I'm sincerely hungry at night, I will eat something. Doesn't have to be a big serving. And it doesn't have to be a sweet. Usually two bites of something will soothe me enough if it's late. If it's not late, I might have 1/4 th of a peanut butter sandwich, with less than a teaspoon of natural peanut butter and the bread is whole wheat or whole grain. So, that is less than a teaspoon of pb and one half of a piece of bread.

The thing is, a large serving usually isn't necessary at night. But I just eat a bit so I won't like there feeing hungry and unable to sleep.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    In terms of weight loss, you can eat whenever you like, and as long as you create a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Hell, you could even have your entire days calories 5 mins before bed and be fine. Sure, you'll probably be hungry that day, but it will still work.

The only reason late night eating has such a bad rep is that people tend to eat their normal calorie allowance throughout the day, THEN snack late at night, thus making a calorie excess, gaining weight, and blame it on the late night eating.

I skip breakfast, have a small lunch, knowing full well i'll be snacking later on.

Works fine for me :)
  • r0gu3
    r0gu3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i *TRY* not to eat past a certain time. About 10pm or so. But sometimes, I have worked all damn day and dont get out till after 10pm. *shrugs*
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry. I weighed more when I would go to bed hungry because I thought I could not eat past 8pm.