Polar FT4 vs polar FT7

Options
I am looking into getting a HRM. From what i've read on forums Polar seems to be the brand to buy. Now, I am a bigginer at running and I would like to improve my distance. I can do about 3 miles but am motivated to do more. Anyway, i want to track calories and distance nothing too fancy but something that is helpful. What is the difference between both and which one would u recommend? Its a big difference in $$ so i wanna keep my budget. Thanks

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4, my husband got the FT7. His stores more workouts and I think you can download them to get a profile of how your heart rate is changing throughout your workouts. I also think he can set his "zones" on his and I can't. All I want is real time heart rate info (so I know if I'm working hard enough and/or about to die) and calories so the FT4 is great for me.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and it does everything I need it to do. It isn't anything super fancy, and the price is around $60. I got mine off Amazon. I love it and refuse to workout without it! Basically all I care about is being able to put in my age, weight, and view calories burned, time and see my bpm. You are able to manually set your zones if preferred. It saves up to 10 days worth (I think, maybe just a week) of data and is also waterproof.
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it! And it does give you your zone info.. Its the best. Don't spend more.. you don't need it : )
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I looked into both. I just bought the FT4 and love it. works great and couldn't be happier.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7 and I only paid $70 no shipping brand spankin new. Ebay is the place to go just make sure you know how to shop there you dont want to be left without a product.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I don't think either of them track distance, do they? I was just curious so I browsed the Polar website and it doesn't say that they do.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't think either of them track distance, do they? I was just curious so I browsed the Polar website and it doesn't say that they do.

No, you'd have to get one with GPS for that and those are pretty expensive. Some smart phone apps will do that, and/or you can map out your runs with some websites.
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Too bad i wanted my distance to be monitored as well cause i think my phone lies! Lol but thanks all very helpful info :)