Calling all Australians!

Options
Hi,

I've been on this site a while and find it overwhelmingly American which is generally fine, but it would be nice to have some Australian friends as we have our own available foods, activities and work in Kg instead of pounds. I'm getting a little sick about reading about low fat fudgesicles and peanut butter things - we just don't have them!

So if you are Australian and keen to be part of a little regional community on MFP please add me, and feel free to introduce yourself here on this message stream so that other Australians can add you too.

To introduce yourself i'm 26 years old. I live in remote SA and a full-time PhD student, which i treat like a job as i work at a mine site rather than live at university.

I'm keen to try doing the couch to 5k running program - although i've not really run since i was a kid. I've also got the 30 day shred video at home, but have only done that a few times and onto it all my gym membership is about to expire. I don't think i can afford to renew my membership though so am going to have to try and find other things to do to exercise. It doesn't help either that the town i live in is almost completely flat.

I've really only got back into this in the last week too after i was horrified at what i read on the scale. Due to an ankle injury though i've only been able to start focusing on my diet. And as part of my new commitment to this - i'm hoping to better use this site and the community here for support.

So i guess to sum it all up - i really need some motivation from other people to help. It would be great if there are some Aussie out there who can add me and i'd love to help motivate you all too!

:smile:

Replies

• chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! Im 28 and from Melbourne. I work full time in retail.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hello, my friends are mostly aussies. I find it better to relate to your own kind, so to speak. I'm from the Gold Coast.
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 22 and from Melbourne. At uni as well but finish my under grad at the end of the year! I know what you mean about the American recipes and food and stuff - It looks so crap haha! Feel free to add me!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    In a country town in northern NSW
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    from canberra... all are free to add me :)
  • lisabrune
    Options
    Hey girls!

I'm in Sydney and have only joined this site a week ago. I want to get fit for summer and have about 10kg to lose.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    G'Day! I am from Central Coast NSW :) Add Me :happy:
  • mottles
    mottles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a kiwi, love this site, add me please!
  • kewwy1
    kewwy1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I'm from Perth And 29 - feel free to add me :)

Would love to meet some Aussies on this thing xx
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm a 19 year old from Sydney... Currently just doing reception work in the city (so sitting on my *kitten* every day).
    I've only recently realised just how much weight I've gained over the past few years! (family issues + HSC are definitely to blame!!!)
    I also used to be a dancer.
    Need all the motivation and support I can get as Im not receiving any from family or friends !!! To be slightly thinner and comfortable in my own skin for summer and next year when I go back to Uni would be absolutely incredible!!!! :smile: xxx
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canberra. Nearly at my goal, but my weight loss is slowing down (and I think I might shift my goal downwards when I get there), so I'm going to be here for a while. Feel free to add me!
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canberra too and have just started :-)
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Im 22 - in Melbourne! I have three weeks left of my property valuation course, and am working two jobs (one full time, one weekends). Love the gym - mainly for the classes and elliptical. I suck at running, I get too bored! Definitely wanna try the 30DS soon!!
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hey i used to live in Canberra too!

Hey i just read a really good memoir called: "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl" by a woman from Canberra. I particularly liked all the references to cafes i used to go to and places and whatnot there which made it all the more relatable.

Anyone might enjoy this book by the way. i found it quite inspiring!
  • kewwy1
    kewwy1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is for my daughter, she's 5 months and although I was big before having her I feel like I have more of a reason to stop making excuses... Thats always been my problem always full if excuses! :p

I go back to work soon where I work a desk job.. Another reason I piled on the weight.

So far I have lost 24 kilos by myself but still have such a long way so this support will help :)
  • nic1976
    nic1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :smile:

I'm 34 from Sydney... I've only recently got back into using this site after gaining too much weight & just want to do something about it!
    Currently I'm working as an IT consultant so not much chance of exercise at work...sitting behind a desk is not my friend!!
    Need as much support I can get even though my family are pretty great motivators! I really just want to feel better about myself & get back to some exercising
    Feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • leearna79
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm 32 and live in Alice Springs, I was originally from Melbourne
    I'm a stay at home mum of 5 kids, and want to loose the baby weight from no5!!
    I'm finding that the weight is alot harder to budge this time round

Feel Free to add me:smile:
  • zevonfangrrrl
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emma...a NZer but I live on the Central Coast, NSW...would love to hang out with other 'locals'...I've just let myself get into a few really bad habits after having my kids and now I have a good 50kg to lose. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    In case there are any more that just didn't log on the day that i posted this - i want to keep this message board listed up the top! :)
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm from Perth. American food sucks, I lived there for six months and gained 5kg. I actually liked my body before I went there! Stupid $3 box of 24 donut holes etc etc haha. In Australia now though. So much better, I bought 10 different kinds of fruits and vegetables the other day all about 2-3 servings in amount and it cost me $6. SIX DOLLARS for almost a weeks worth of food. I love living here haha. ADD ME :)