Now I have guilt...

Options
Man, I've been sooo good - for over 5 months, I have been a total Nazi about healthy food, and out of the blue today, I ordered a big, greasy, cheesy burger. Ahhhh. (at least I said no bacon!)

But - and I say this to encourage people who think they REALLY want some awful gob of fat-food - it's nooottt wooorrrth iiiitttttt! Not only do I feel guilty for slipping, but I also didn't love it as much as I thought I would and I feel a little icky.

So there - just maybe that will help someone else avoid falling over the greasy-food precipace.

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Man, I've been sooo good - for over 5 months, I have been a total Nazi about healthy food, and out of the blue today, I ordered a big, greasy, cheesy burger. Ahhhh. (at least I said no bacon!)

But - and I say this to encourage people who think they REALLY want some awful gob of fat-food - it's nooottt wooorrrth iiiitttttt! Not only do I feel guilty for slipping, but I also didn't love it as much as I thought I would and I feel a little icky.

So there - just maybe that will help someone else avoid falling over the greasy-food precipace.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Wynnie, I know how you feel, I went out to dinner tonight for Chinese buffet. I overdid it and I don't feel guilty but I DO feel sick to my stomach. I've been clean eating for a couple of months and my body is not happy with all the salt and processed foods. I'll be making sure I stick to my healthy lifestyle from now on. The grossness and tummy ache are so not worth it!

Lynnie
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Jeesh, so don't get the burger I was planning for tomorrow?!? Is that what you mean? :wink: Well, live and learn - don't beat yourself up, its GREAT that you are realizing it doesn't make you happy to eat that junk....

And seriously, I was considering a burger splurge this weekend, and now I'm screamin' something MUCH healthier.... so thanks for the post!
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    We went to red robin, and the service was horrible, so they gave us free dessert. I ate almost an entire mountain high mudd pie, over 1000 calories. Yikes, was it delicious.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    McDonald's fries are just not the same anymore, actually there kind of pasty now.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    OMG I did the same thing last night. I didn't regret the yummy cheeseburger with ortega and jalapeno chilies--I'd planned for those calories. It was the fries that got me!!! argh. :explode:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you read Banks post about avoiding plateaus, it's actually good to do this every once in a while...if you go a long period of time sticking to your calories and eating healthier and exercising and take one day to just blow your calories out of the water, it can trick your body into letting go of some extra pounds.

It's worked for several members on here...I did it and ended up losing 9 pounds over 3 weeks (when I should have lost 5-6)...granted, if you didn't enjoy the food you ate, it wasn't exactly worth it...but if you hit a plateau at some point in your journey and want to push through it, splurge on some foods that you realy love and don't worry about the calories...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you read Banks post about avoiding plateaus, it's actually good to do this every once in a while...if you go a long period of time sticking to your calories and eating healthier and exercising and take one day to just blow your calories out of the water, it can trick your body into letting go of some extra pounds.

It's worked for several members on here...I did it and ended up losing 9 pounds over 3 weeks (when I should have lost 5-6)...granted, if you didn't enjoy the food you ate, it wasn't exactly worth it...but if you hit a plateau at some point in your journey and want to push through it, splurge on some foods that you realy love and don't worry about the calories...

WOo HOO!! Laura it worked for ME!!

That being said, I ate healthy meat at home. I had my last mcd cheeseburger in August. I was on vaca with my BFF for a night and threw up the entire evening. We salvaged part of the night, but dancing and dinner were out!

Not worth it. But I think everyone needs to experience it for themselves. Boy I learned a good lesson!!:blushing:
  • BeauPuppy
    Options

but I also didn't love it as much as I thought I would and I feel a little icky.

I did that last weekend. I actually wanted a whataburger jr, but when I looked in the sack at home it was a regular whataburger. Did I cut it in half and eat only that? NOOOOooooooo........... I went ahead and ate the whole thing. I was sick the rest of the day. The Jr burger would have been perfect.

Everything in moderation.....
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Last year i hit a platoe really big time.. week after week after week no loss.. no matter how hard i tried. .. less and less i ate.. more and more i exercised just to pass that stupid platoe.. and nothing..
    so after about 6 long weeks i broke down and instead of making a choice like every prior week " this week i will workout longer than last, this week i'll cut even on the grapes- could be to much sugar.. i mean it was so strickt ..and yet agan no loss.. so on the sixth week at my weigh in on weight watcher meeting i was soo upset i walked out and called my husband, i said

don't ask anything we are going to the buffet.. ! right now..

somehow i wanted to revange myself- but i didn't know to who ? so i told him don't ask me nothing.. and when i walked in there i decided to have everthing.. i made sure to make a huge circle arround all the fat = free.. low fat. .stuff and get the real stuf ! I wanted a revange so bad.. i was furious.. so i got all the "super-bad stuff . .. and thought i will eat a mountain of it like i used to do.. to my surprise i couldn't get a third down of what i used to eat .. and i was mad about that.. i said " no.. i want to eat more.. i want to eat !!!.. I know it sounds so crazy right now but that day it felt " reasanoble" i don't know how to explain it .. but i couldn't eat anymore.. and i started feeling so sick.. i asked my husband to take me home.. well i spent three days in bed regreting my action.. i couldn't digest the " fat" and that kind of food anymore..

Well even though i was in pain for three days after that.. i was somehow relieved to find out that I wasn't capable of eating that much food anymore.. - i used to be always hungry.. no matter what i ate allready planned on " what will be next " .. but after that incident i was happy to know that i do have a limit and that i can't eat all that food anymore..

So point of the whole story- don't do it , find an alternative. you will not like it.. emotionally and physically.. it's just not worh it..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Amazing isn't it? That food we all thought was to die for (oops, maybe figuratively too?:laugh: :wink: ) really is icky tasting when you stay away from it awhile...ew especially the greasy junk, the sugar, it all does such a number on our bodies when we've been clean eating for any amount of time!

Lesson learned for you...very cool indeed that you are kind enough to share with the group who maybe craving that grease, some may still think they want it and sometimes it takes us learning a lesson on our own, but often we learn much from another so we don't have to go through the same 'crap' ourselves...

Listen to her folks.....she DOES know what she 'speaketh':bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • coconuts09
    Options
    sometimes we will feel guilty for something we maybe know we shouldn't have done but did it anyway and justified it later...whether it be a really yummy food we love or whatever our indulgence may be...we have to remember to live a little and not beat ourselves up over that 1 meal that may not have been the best choice...but remember to enjoy the moment anyway!:blushing: & remember to get back to your healthy ways...it's when we guilt ourselves that we lose track and lose our way back to the healthy choices...and the inevitable happens...such creatures of habit I guess.

I try to remember to live & enjoy life and if that means at some point I stray and have a guilty pleasure moment (get your minds out of the gutter) then so be it. Tomorrow is a new day and I will get back to my routine of making healthy choices...but I refuse to guilt myself for it. :drinker:

That said...I did skip the Chinese food outing last night, knowing that I could potentially blow my progress out of the water, granted it's small progress...but it's progress nonetheless. I also managed to have enough willpower to refuse many offers for cheesecake at work yesterday too....phew! I almost had a bite...someone even offered to share a piece....mmmm...not so much. Something kept me from making choices that, for me, could be a crash in my weight loss. I am kicking *kitten* and taking names...so I guess that's my motivation....there will be a day though, that I will have the Chinese food & cheesecake...it just wasn't yesterday.:devil:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hey team,

You can still have a burger occasionally. There's nothing evil about them. I would recommend that you make them at home. Nice lean ground beef, grilled so that you eliminate any fat and then put it on a really tasty multigrain bun with lots for veggies......delish, pefectly healthy and it can seriously satisfy a craving.

The problem isn't with burgers, it's with fast food or chain restaurant burgers that use nasty white buns, extraordinarly high fat condiments, and cheap (high fat) ground beef.

I had a burger for lunch today that I made at home. It was great and I feel fine!

By the way: I make chinese at home too and it's awsome and healthy :bigsmile: