Still Going

Options
Well, I'm finally back after the roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery recovery period (6 weeks). No reason to enter my food diary when the first 2 weeks were protein shakes and clear liquids only. I then moved to pureed foods for 3 weeks....hard to measure amounts when everything is mush! So I'm finally on solid food and chewing again.....yeah!!! Started working out at the gym again and it feels sooo good! I think I missed the gym workouts more than the lack of "real" food! I am currently down 95 lbs. with another 95 to go. Halfway there is good, but I'm anxious to hit my goal. You don't loose much when you're only eating 300 - 600 calories a day...your body goes into "starvation mode" and hangs on to every ounce, so I've only lost 17 lbs. since the surgery. I tend to be impatiant, so I'd like to be loosing 20 lbs. a month, but that's probably not going to happen and maybe if I loose it slower my skin will shrink better. So now I'm rambling....time to sign off...just wanted to check back in.

Replies

• YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Glad your surgery went nicely and that you are enjoying a good recovery...and yay for being back at the gym for sure! Stay well, and all the luck in the world for you to reach your goals!

Lucy :)
  • thirdtime
    Options
    well it's still 17lbs and that's great! AND you will continue to lose more and more...congratulations for sticking with it!!!!