Groovy, baby!

Options
Hello! :D

I'm Kalla, 22 years old (almost, my B-day is on the 19th ;)) and I've decided to finally get rid of those pesky little pounds I gained after moving out of my parents' home. There are quite a few of them, although I wouldn't say I'm overweight. Just slightly on the chubby side. So, no weight-loss for health reasons for me, I'm just plain old vain. Plus, it would be nice to actually fit into my clothes :P

The ultimate goal for me is to lose 29 pounds, but that's just the dream glimmering in the distance. A more realistinc target is 20 pounds, and I think that even at minus 15 I could be pretty happy with the results. More than lose weight I'd like to actually transform my fat tissue into muscle, though.

I have a nasty habit to eat all kinds of sweet things, the ultimate weakness being chocolate, so I've decided to start off with getting rid of that before attempting any real change in my eating habits. Small steps, you know. Just see if I can go a month or so without chocolate and candy, and then gradually start paying attention to all the other hazardous areas as well (hey, I've not touched chocolate at all this year, and just started the no-candy policy a couple of days ago.)

Well, that's the end of that novel, now I'm off to getting to know these forums a little better and then it's off to work for me! I'm sure I'll be hanging around here a lot as I will probably need some serious support (and motivation) during all this.

I'll see you guys around ;)

Replies

• kalla
    kalla Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello! :D

I'm Kalla, 22 years old (almost, my B-day is on the 19th ;)) and I've decided to finally get rid of those pesky little pounds I gained after moving out of my parents' home. There are quite a few of them, although I wouldn't say I'm overweight. Just slightly on the chubby side. So, no weight-loss for health reasons for me, I'm just plain old vain. Plus, it would be nice to actually fit into my clothes :P

The ultimate goal for me is to lose 29 pounds, but that's just the dream glimmering in the distance. A more realistinc target is 20 pounds, and I think that even at minus 15 I could be pretty happy with the results. More than lose weight I'd like to actually transform my fat tissue into muscle, though.

I have a nasty habit to eat all kinds of sweet things, the ultimate weakness being chocolate, so I've decided to start off with getting rid of that before attempting any real change in my eating habits. Small steps, you know. Just see if I can go a month or so without chocolate and candy, and then gradually start paying attention to all the other hazardous areas as well (hey, I've not touched chocolate at all this year, and just started the no-candy policy a couple of days ago.)

Well, that's the end of that novel, now I'm off to getting to know these forums a little better and then it's off to work for me! I'm sure I'll be hanging around here a lot as I will probably need some serious support (and motivation) during all this.

I'll see you guys around ;)
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    :happy: Welcome Kalla!
    I know what you mean about the chocolate-y goodness! My mom and aunt got me some chocolate for Christmas and in the first 4 days I scarfed it down. If I have it I will eat it! It's all about frozen yogurt and fruit for dessert now =)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi Kalla Welcome to MFP... small steps is what leads to big changes in this journey!:flowerforyou:
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hello. Don,t be upset! we all have bad habits,We all have to over coming them,Though i still have a few of them.GOOD LUCK:flowerforyou:
  • kalla
    kalla Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind welcome! And good luck to you too in reaching your goals :)