Example of a healthy diet???

Options
What is a healthy diet like??

Breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner??

Easy to prepare and doesn't really need cooking??

Thank you

Replies

• Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    4. ELIGIBILITY

BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is void where prohibited.

Give it up. We can't help you. Giving such advice to a minor is irresponsible and reckless, and yes, even illegal in some places. So yeah, that's why the "Terms" have the "eligibility" clause. Good luck.

By the way, changing your age to show "18" doesn't mean that MFP doesn't remember you. lol And if you start a new account using the same computer they know it's you because of your IP address.

Consult your parents and your doctor. You cannot really be helped here.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Hello. I replied to your previous two attempts. Sorry, but there are rules you must abide by. Come back in three years!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    When you wake up its vital to have a breakfast, because breakfast literally means to break the fast that your body has been going through "break-fast".
    So its important to eat things that will set you up for the day, and get your metabolism kick started.
    Cereals are always great, i mean thats what there made for. Anything with wheat or wholegrain is great, also calcium is important in the morning, also fruit is good.
    I know alot of people who eat porridge, or yoghurt with fruit, or cereal with fruit, or peanut butter on toast (peanut butter does something freaky good with ur metabolism, doesnt ask me what though because i dont know). Also nutella on toast is good, it realises carbs slowly through the day.. Like a banana, but tasty. Um also alot of people like to have a grilled grapefruit, not sure why but i think its similar to the peanut butter.

Alot of people have a snack before lunch, which i think works well because it stops you from pigging out as much at lunch, and doesnt like cause your body to fast between the two.
    Um healthy things would be i suppose fruit, nuts, um them weird like breakfast bar things, like the special k ones. Um ryvita. Just stuff that you kind of look at and are like uhh do i have to eat it..
    Um more suggestions; yoghurts, them tiny weight watchers microwave meals..

I use to think lunch was all about a sandwich and something on the side. But it turns out bread isnt very healthy, especially white bread. So if u do have a sandwich try wholegrain, even though yes it tastes a little weird.
    Um obviously salad alot of people have, you can have like a tuna salad. I know alot of people like to have a jacket potato for lunch, but i find them too like stodgy for me. Although i heard there great for building muscle.
    Um so yeh salads for lunch, maybe a nice healthy wholegrain salad and i dont know chicken sandwich, example..

Then once again snack before dinner. Pretty much same as first snack. Although im normally starving round here, so i eat an actual meal in this snacks place.
    Um soup is great as sort of a snack / meal type thing. Pluss soup is very healthy! Why people drink it when they get ill, pluss minestrone soup has loads of veggies in it. And im pretty sure tomato soup is packed with vitamins.
    Um you could use like ryvitas to dunk, or rhy bread or something. Instead of just normal bread.

And then lastly dinner. Suppose to be the smallest meal of your day.
    I was told that when you eat dinner you should try to fill atleast half of your plate with veggies.
    Um its a great chance to get in your protein from meat or fish. Especially if u didnt have any for lunch or whenever.
    Um also i know alot of people have things like potato with there dinner.
    Honestly i think that if your you know starting to like get ready for bed, or starting to relax or whatever, that these arnt the best things to eat.
    There sort of made to give you lots of energy as you need it throughout the day, like nutella.
    And just thinking about it i dont think thats a great thing to have before bed if you are trying to be healthy..

Well there you go.
    But in fairness im no nutritionist so dont blame me if i have made a few mistakes here.
    Good luck resisting that junk food!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Talk to your parents. Go to a doctor.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    just eat healthy and less try not to snack a ton be active you'll lose weight
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • Helice
    Options
    Hello. I replied to your previous two attempts. Sorry, but there are rules you must abide by. Come back in three years!

You are very mean.
    It is better to teach people healthy habits while they are young.
    Any doctor will tell you that.
    And this isnt just a site for people to loose weight.
    It is also a site for them to gain weight,
    or maintain there weight at a healthy level.
    You dont know what her background is.
    She could be overwait looking to turn her life around before it is too late.
    Or she could be trying to recover from an eating disorder and is using this app to make sure that she doesnt eat too little.
    Or she could just be trying to be healthy so that she never develops an eating order or becomes obese.
    And if you ask me 18 is far too old to be allowed to recieve this help.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had no problem with her being here... I just wish she had been a little smarter about it :P
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This person has already deactivated their account. No need to post anything else
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you obviously aren't getting the support you need at home and that you are being attacked for trying to find it here because of your age. That's got to be very difficult for you. I'm not an expert by any means, but you can PM me and I'll help the best I can. Good luck.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    *SMH* yeah I got to use my acronym!!
  • Helice
    Options
    I spend a good hour writing that list of healthy food for her too. =(
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not replying or helping because shes underage...i applaud her for coming here to ask for help...MFP where here to help...do you know what teens who through now-a-days when it comes to weight loss....Shes asking for help on her diet...Instead of starving herself like most teens or doing it the healthy way,...Congrats for wanting to turn your eating habits around at such a young age...and you can go and look at my diary for advice on what to eat
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options

You are very mean.

She's not mean. She's absolutely justified in her response. The rules are clear that you have to be 18 to be here. lol

You are also correct that healthy habits are better learned in youth, but they need to be taught by parents, doctors, and health teachers and not by a bunch of "adults" on a website who rarely even agree with each other about simple things.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    This person has already deactivated their account. No need to post anything else

Poor girl. Can't say that I blame her. :-(
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

You are very mean.

^ This is why you have to be 18 to be on the site.

sparks teen is for people your age, MFP LEGALLY can't support people under 18.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You're kind of a hard learner aren't you?
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Helice,

She has a new account, posting the exact same question, you can help her there.

She is clearly persistent, how about we just leave her alone and let her stay.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

You are very mean.
    You dont know what her background is.
    She could be overwait looking to turn her life around before it is too late.
    Or she could be trying to recover from an eating disorder and is using this app to make sure that she doesnt eat too little.
    Or she could just be trying to be healthy so that she never develops an eating order or becomes obese.
    And if you ask me 18 is far too old to be allowed to recieve this help.

rulez.gif

4. ELIGIBILITY

BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is void where prohibited.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks, everybody, for keeping things legit, here, and for reporting this underage user.

The user has deleted her account.

We're working on a tool that will allow us to deliver a specific message to underage users when they try to log in, after we've determined they're underage and have deleted their account. The message will include an invitation to return once they're 18, andthe following link, which I encourage you to point out to underage users the next time you see one. It's a link to information on weight management for youth, at the nutrition.gov site

http://www.nutrition.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=11&tax_level=2&tax_subject=390&topic_id=1744&placement_default=0

Have a great evening,
    Steven