Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Goal Calories Vs Remaining Calories

Hi there, Im new to this thing and was just wanting a little bit advise about the goal calories. So my goal calories are 1200 calories bu after Ive put my food and exercise in, the remaining calories have gone up by about 400 calories. So does that mean I have to eat 1600 calories instead of the 1200??? Sorry to sound abit vague but would appreciate any feedback as that is a huge amount of calories.

Replies

• Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    This is because when you put your exercise in, it gave you back all the calories you burned exercising to eat. So your exercise must have burned around 400 calories.

Some people eat their exercise calories all back, some people eat only part, and some people choose to eat none of them.

So, its your choice whether to stick with the original 1200 or not. :)
  • Oh wow thank you so much for that Saffyra. I will see what happens :)
  • DaleRunning
    DaleRunning Posts: 8 Member
    Hi, I have only been on for 20 days but I find that I will usually eat at least 1/2 of those calories back as I am usually hungry after I exercise and it isn't a good idea to starve yourself of needed calories. Check your net calories and those are the ones you have actually consumed after considering exercise calories you have burned, you don't want them too low. I hope this helps and makes sense. Good luck!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Technically you should eat the 1600. They call that "net calories" because you get your allotted calories and you also get to eat your exercise calories. You shouldn't really net lower than 1200, however the exercise calories on here on not perfectly accurate. I recently purchase a Heart Rate Monitor and found that I'm not burning as much as I thought I was, therefore when eating my exercise calories back, I was eating too many! I'd plan to just aim for about -100 to 100 calories remaining at the end of the day and you'll be looking good. :)