clean lunch and snack ideas please!

Options
Going grocery shopping tomorrow and would like to start eating more clean. Dinners are easy - chicken veggies and grains, breakfast is eggs but lunch is harder. I need lunches I can come home and make quickly during my break and possibly lunches to pack for my husband to take. Snack ideas too would be much appreciated. I'm used to healthy choice frozen meals for lunch and skinny cow icecream atnight! Both low calorie but very processed, thanks!

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Going grocery shopping tomorrow and would like to start eating more clean. Dinners are easy - chicken veggies and grains, breakfast is eggs but lunch is harder. I need lunches I can come home and make quickly during my break and possibly lunches to pack for my husband to take. Snack ideas too would be much appreciated. I'm used to healthy choice frozen meals for lunch and skinny cow icecream atnight! Both low calorie but very processed, thanks!

Make your lunches the night before.

almonds
    nuts
    raw veggies (no dip)
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you are opposed to left overs, but your dinners that you sound like you have pretty well down make excellent lunches the next day. If you have quick access to a microwave, it is a quick option. Secondly, I like sandwiches. A good whole grain or 100% wheat bread, some lean low sodium turkey or ham or even left over chicken from previous dinner with lettuce and tomato. Salad always works as well, add a lean protein of either meat, fish or beans and you are good. Homemade soup is another good choice. Happy menu planning!
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    For my husband and I both, I prep our lunches for the week on Sundays. I bake chicken breasts seasoned with herbs, lemon juice, garlic, or Mrs. Dash (has no msg) - whatever you prefer! Then, I choose a frozen veggie mixture, some brown rice, and put in about 3/4 cup of each. It's easy and so quick to pop in the microwave!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you are opposed to left overs, but your dinners that you sound like you have pretty well down make excellent lunches the next day. If you have quick access to a microwave, it is a quick option. Secondly, I like sandwiches. A good whole grain or 100% wheat bread, some lean low sodium turkey or ham or even left over chicken from previous dinner with lettuce and tomato. Salad always works as well, add a lean protein of either meat, fish or beans and you are good. Homemade soup is another good choice. Happy menu planning!

Agreed!!!! Some turkey meatloaf with a homemade bbq sauce over it is great the first night, but even better the 2nd day as a sandwich!!! :)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    What about a yummy salad. millions of varieties. Lately I've been having mixed greens, with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, grated light cheese all with a dollop of light sour cream, it's delicious!