Newbie and I need connections to stay on track!

Options
Hello all!

I've been on here for a few weeks and I've only lost a pound. I have a HUGE problem with snacking at night and just throughout the day. I've gotten a lot better about snacking throughout the day but at night after I finish my log I have no motivation to add the other things I eat. Bad habit there. So I just need people for encouragement and accountability!

Replies

• fruitnchocolate
    fruitnchocolate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do this; make the mental shift that EVERYTHING gets logged in no matter how tired you are. Maybe with a goal, say you have to log in everything until February and you can take 7 days off without logging. It'd be stupid to lose one of those 7 days by not logging in late evening snacks. You'll appreciate having a "no logging" day for Thanksgiving and Christmas time.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem - definitely feel free to add me too! I'm trying to remind myself that just because I don't record it doesn't mean it isn't there : )
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I go, go, go all day, eat a reasonably good lunch, but when I finally got home I would snack until I went to sleep. Tracking everything has helped. Once I get to within 50 calories of my daily go I hit complete, and that is it. Its a change of mindset, if I can do it so can you. Feel free to add me.
  • greenshine
    greenshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi- I have a notebook that I have kept since I started where I right down everything I eat as I eat it and then log on here at the end of the day to keep up with my friends. I think the notebook really helps because if I cant get online, its right there. Plus I write down my weight everyday and I can look back and see why I may not have been losing weight like I should. Having friends on here is awesome and I definitely recommend it! Good luck and be happy you dont have far to go!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    In my younger days, I would solve that problem by not buying snacks and keeping them in the house. You could keep some healthy raw fruits and veggies and nuts portioned in snack-sized bags. Before I started this, I was snacking a lot. My weakness is cookies. My mother has been baking, so I still allow myself one a day, unless I eat something else sweet. It takes some self-discipline at first, but it gets easier. I get so caught up in the exercise now, I have trouble eating all the calories MFP says I need to eat. I'm enjoying this experience. You can add me if you like. I won't be offended if you decide not to. :-) You can be successful. Don't let anyone, especially yourself, tell you different.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is starting to stop. My personality does not allow for me to slowly stop , I had to go cold turkey. My disease was coke and fast food. I basically just went all out for two weeks ate nothing but lean fish chicken veges and fruit. Took absolutely everything out soda candy fast food oil sugar etc ...my body went through this icky very icky feeling " detox" after he first week I felt insanely good. I actually think soda is far too sweet and eating things like a cookie will react so strong with the sugar that I can easily resist it .... It's hard but if you can do it for two weeks and repeat life style change not diet ...it will be easy ...you got this