Help! I have no willpower against sweets

Options
2»

Replies

• Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For me, the solution is to simply eat it. I love love love sweet stuff. There is pretty much no way in the world I can live without eating it. It's a temptation that I can't avoid. To solve it, I give myself 120 calories a day for sweet stuff (ususally 1/2 a hershey's). I save the calories for the end of the day. Rule is - if I dont have the calories left, I don't eat the sweet stuff. (Also, I usually balance the sugar load with a few almonds or cup of milk)

The hard part - I have to mean it and go bed without sugar if I haven't held up my end of the bargin. If I made this deal with my kid - I wouldn't let her get by with eating it anyway so I hold myself to the same standard. I know it sounds oversimplified for the grazing - but you have to learn how to say no. If it means throwing it away or avoiding situations where you can't say no then put on your big girl (or boy) panties and do so. Don't have reminders all over the place (oreos for example), avoid daytime TV that has tons of food commericals, start on the frozen side of the grocery store so you don't walk through the cakes and candies, etc etc etc.

You can do it. It's as simple as taking it one good decision at the time. Figure out how to manage portions and don't make excuses. Good luck to you!
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world. My name is Tracy and I am a chocoholic.