The first few steps...

Options
I don't know about anyone else... but the hardest part of a healthy eating and exercise change to my lifestyle is the first few days. And I'm there right now. Retraining my body that I don't need as much food as my eyes think I need...dragging myself to the gym. Once I do that for a few days I love it and look forward to it. But the first couple of days are ALWAYS the hardest. Especially because I have done this thousands of times and at this point... am very frustrated with my lack of ability to stick with it.

Ugh. I wish anyone else who is going through this LOTS of luck and support... because I completely understand!!!

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else... but the hardest part of a healthy eating and exercise change to my lifestyle is the first few days. And I'm there right now. Retraining my body that I don't need as much food as my eyes think I need...dragging myself to the gym. Once I do that for a few days I love it and look forward to it. But the first couple of days are ALWAYS the hardest. Especially because I have done this thousands of times and at this point... am very frustrated with my lack of ability to stick with it.

Ugh. I wish anyone else who is going through this LOTS of luck and support... because I completely understand!!!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    It usually takes me a full week before I'm feeling better and not craving junk food. Stick with it, these few days are going to pass whether you're eating healthy or not, so you might as well eat healthy! You can do it!!!:happy:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I hear you!!!! I am dissapointed in myself as well for gaining during the last part of last year when I swore I was not going to succumb to the Holidays, etc. I have gotten back on track, thanks to this site. So I am on my way to losing those 9 pounds I gained over the Holidays (from Oct to Dec). Then comes the toughest part for me, maintaining!!!!!!!! That is a tough part for me. I get to where I want to be and then I think "oh I can eat whatever I want, I'm at my ideal weight" and it all goes down hill...:grumble: :grumble: Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I did one at a time, I started with food and got that in order after a couple weeks, then I added my exercise, to do it all at once for me seemed like too much :) it worked six months later still with it and actually enjoying it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:

you CAN do this:flowerforyou: