loss of appetite

Options
does anyone else find their appetites to be significantly less once you're really into your weight loss routine? in the first couple of weeks i found it agonizing to only eat 1400 calories, i freaking love food. but now, about 5 weeks in, i find myself forcing myself to finish my place to bring my net calories after exercise over 1100. it's weird, i'm not complaining about not being hungry, i'm just a little worried, cause sometimes after a really big workout, the idea of eatng makes me gag, and the last thing i want to do is not eat, because i'm trying to do this right this time. i refuse to go into starvation...so just wondering if anyone has idea of foods to eat that would counteract this, or any other tips would be greatly apreciated!! thanks :)

Replies

• MelissaSerpa
    Options
    I have only just started this round of dieting, but overall I've dieted for years and I totally understand what you're saying. To start out dieting, I always switch my foods over to very low calorie versions to try to wean myself into the shock of eating less. As time goes by, I would get used to eating less and less. I would notice I could barely eat up the calories I was supposed to. After that, I started switching my foods back to versions with slightly more calories - instead of fat free milk, I'd use 1 or 2%. Instead of my 45 calorie per slice Sara Lee Whole Wheat bread, I'd switch to a 90 calorie per slice whole wheat brand. Instead of eating low fat yogurt at 50 calories per container, I'd switch back to a regular brand that's 100 calories per container. Or I would start adding granola to what I'm eating already (granola is high in calories, healthy calories, too) like on my cereal or in my yogurt or in my oatmeal, just to up the calories a little bit. The same with diet soda - I'd switch back to a regular soda (one with real sugar, not high fructose corn syrup) so it's a little bit easier on the calorie count at the end of the day. Or just throw in an extra piece of fruit here or there.
  • cbediria
    Options
    thanks melissa!! it all seems like common sense, but i guess things always look clearer from the outside. i'm going to try and swap out normal versions of foods on those days that i feel like i can't eat a lot.