So what if nobody notices

Options
I notice. I notice the clothes that were too tight are now loose. I notice I went from a size 28 pants to a 24, a 24 top to an 18/20-22, size 12 underware to 9/10, a 44ddd bra to a 42dd. I've always carried my weight "well" at 315 pounds I didn't look it. My husband notices the changes and I notice the changes, and I'm okay with that. :)

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 32lbs :drinker: Love your attitude, before you know you will be getting NSV'S
    coming at you from every direction :bigsmile:

way to go girl
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    People wait until they're totally certain that you are IN FACT losing weight and are IN FACT trying to do so. If you ask if someone is losing weight and they aren't, you feel like a dope. It isn't as bad as assuming that someone is pregnant, but it feels almost as bad to ask and be wrong about this.

People almost certainly notice, if only because you are wearing some different clothes than before. But they don't want to say anything until they are sure.

And you're right, you're doing this for you anyway, so if you like the results that you are getting, you can wait for other people to say stuff when they're ready. But they ARE noticing.

Good for you!
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "So what"! WHO cares. I'm not doing this for anyone else!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Dude you are awesome!

You see the changes! You feel better! You are doing so good!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I agree, who cares. I'm not here for no one else but myself!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I agree :)

Everyone knows I'm losing. I had a baby and got huge and now I'm not-so-huge, getting back to pre-preg weight. The only people who have commented have been my fiance and my family. His family isn't so keen on giving compliments too much. My friends lie and tell me I'm not fat to begin with so they're useless haha
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Folks didn't notice until I was down over 40 lbs. The heavier you are, the harder it is to be certain (I think because a little comes off everywhere). You are doing great, keep it up. And you reminded me, I NEED NEW UNDERWEAR!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    As soon as one person says something, everyone will say something!

Then you will get tired of answering the following questions:

How much have you lost?
    Did you have surgery?
    What diet are you following?
    Have you heard about (insert current diet fad here)?
    What is your goal?
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    my favorite is when non dieting people that are larger than me start to offer me dieting advice....

I actually notice a difference in my emotional well being and the fact that I can wear some clothes I couldnt before. It is a cool thing when someone makes a point too acknowledge that you lost but some people out there can be jealous and instead give you negative feedback regardless- its just the nature of people.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    It is a cool thing when someone makes a point too acknowledge that you lost but some people out there can be jealous and instead give you negative feedback regardless- its just the nature of people.
    The people who give negative feedback are usually the ones who I drop like a ton of bricks from any sort of communication... and when they come around a month later and ask "havent heard from you, what's up with that?".... then I have NOOOO problem telling them why..... lol
  • tresye
    tresye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As soon as one person says something, everyone will say something!

Then you will get tired of answering the following questions:

How much have you lost?
    Did you have surgery?
    What diet are you following?
    Have you heard about (insert current diet fad here)?
    What is your goal?

amen, very tired of those questions LOL
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    I heard once that you have to lose about 20% of your body weight before people start to notice. This proved to be true for me. Once I lost 75 lbs it seemed like everyone came out of the woodwork asking how much I've lost and telling me they could really tell.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :happy: GREAT WORK! KEEP ON TRUCKIN'! :happy:
    I heard once that you have to lose about 20% of your body weight before people start to notice. This proved to be true for me. Once I lost 75 lbs it seemed like everyone came out of the woodwork asking how much I've lost and telling me they could really tell.
    Hmmmm, I think I'd have to agree with that. I hit 20% lost recently and I'm starting to get all of "the questions" too!

How much have you lost? (nearly 60 pounds)
    Did you have surgery? (NO)
    What diet are you following? (Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.)
    Have you heard about (insert current diet fad here)? (Yes. It's bull$hit.)
    What is your goal? (Right smack in the middle of "healthy" BMI)

p.s. jetscreaminagain, that dress is drop-dead gorgeous!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats! and yes SO WHAT!! it's about you and if you and hubby notices, then that's great!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You're a better woman than me! I have lost 25 pounds and the only one who has noticed is the cashier at 7-11 :laugh: And it annoys me. :grumble:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    So long as you do, and know how good you feel enjoy...if you keep it up people will see, they will notice your positive attitude and glow that you have because you are treating your body right! And feeding it healthy food, and it is getting stronger and you are happier because of that. And then you will be overwhelmed with people noticing..and ENJOY say THANK YOU..don't belittle all the hard work you've done! Congrats!
  • JellyPrz619
    Options
    as long as you notice.... as someone above me said NSV are coming your way ...
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. 32 lbs is great. You are right, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because you are doing this for yourself.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree, people wait to be 100% sure. Lots of people at my work waited 6 months, until I completely changed, to say something. Just be patient and rock on!
  • tresye
    tresye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    so true
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!