Old Weight Watcher who LOVES MFP!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ama223
    ama223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm an old WW-er that loves MFP too! For some reason counting calories seems so much more freeing to me than counting points? LOL No idea why, but I'm running with it!!
  • landlwoof
    landlwoof Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just started back today and am looking forward to meeting other friends on here in the same boat. It used to be all about just being skinny to wear gorgeous clothes and be hot - lol - now with a family and having a more 'mature' mind I just want to be healthy to be here a long time.
    I guess it doesn't hurt to still look hot though - lol.
    I'm excited to try calorie counting as I've never done it before really - it's always been in one ear, out the other when EVERY doctor has suggested it forever.
    Good luck!!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Lily,

I too am a convert from WW I was a receptionist and like you lost 53 lbs then gained it all back. Had a look at the new programs and I just didn't have it in me to go through with counting points again, and the new program didn't make all that much sense to me with all the changes in points and different food values.

I found MFP much by accident and I am truly glad that I did. Absolutely LOVE IT!

Welcome aboard :)

Hello! I am a 39 yr old new member to MFP and am loving it! I never had a weight problem until I got married, got lazy about food choices, etc. I lost 55 lbs in 2003 on WW. Worked as a leader for almost a year. Got pregnant, gained 55 pounds, lost 30 lbs after baby. Never got my footing in WW again after that. Sooooo tired of counting points. THEN....this newest program allows "free" fruits and veggies and I just could not wrap my brain around that, not to mention the cost!

Saw a co-worker shrink before my eyes and noticed she was posting to Facebook from MFP. Checked it out and off we go. Have lost 4 lbs. in little over a week. Hunger controlled, exercising. Love the extensive database and Android app with bar code scanner! Easy Breezy!
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am also a WW convert. The program never worked for me. I was on it for 3 months and didn't lose a pound. Been here at MFP for a month and have lost 7 already!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I will say that right before I hit goal I'm going back to get my damned Key! lol

Too funny! I joined WW in March with hubs. He just made his goal and is on week 2 of his 6 week maintenance. He won't let me quit WW, but I don't do points anymore. Don't tell my leader!! LOL!! It makes more sense to me to log real calories for the food. He does best on points. I say whatever works. I'll keep with WW for his sake, but my :heart: belongs to MFP!
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone!

Longtime WWer (six years) who is still trying to get her head around PointsPlus, This week I am tracking through MFP only and will report results this weekend!
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am having a better time with this site now that I gave my self a few days/weeks to eat as I wanted. I started to see how many calories I was over eating. Now, it's so much easier to maintain this food diary. I am so happy I am not spending money on WW like one of my friends. This is great to come meet people in the privacy of your pjs! Good luck!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm a Weight Watchers lifetime member. Weight Watchers is a great program, but MFP takes it to the next level. And no game playing with points!!!

Yes MFP Rocks
  • curly_girl
    curly_girl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost 37 lbs and reached Lifetime in 1997; maintained on my own for several years. Now I'm 10 lbs over goal (down from 16 lbs over). I tried going back to WW over many different plans, and never stuck with them because none of them "spoke to me" like the Freedom Plan of the mid-1990's. Like most of us, I am more likely to lose weight when I'm not on my own, so I'm glad I found this string. Good luck to us all!
  • jazzcait
    jazzcait Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was on WW last year, going good, then fell pregnant, had bubs in Feb this year, went back to WW and the new program didn,t work for me either.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Welcome! I am a former WW too! Thats how I lost a majority of my weight. But ever since they started this new points plus plan...I can't get it straight on that plan for nothing! Soooo here I am on MFP! And I love it so far!