TGI Fridays 911!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jenna066
    Options
    idk about the veggie melody. I thought it came with broccoli. But it doesn't matter any veggie is better than fries!!! just ask that they cook them dry,no oil no butter)
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Split a meal with your FI! That is what my hubby and I do most of the time. Order a steak(or chicken or fish) with veggies and a plain baked potato, then half everything. Maybe add a side salad, either one to split, or one each. Drink lots of water. That should help!! Good luck!! And I'm so jealous! I love TGIFridays! And we don't have any in my area. Probably a good thing, since I'm in LOVE with the friend green beans! Oh yum....

I want to try the fried green beans so bad.... this will be our first time to TGIF's
    OMGosh! They are so good...If you don't want to go over your cals this time, I would totally suggest planning another trip sometime and when you can kick some major calorie @$$ before you go. JUST so you can have the green beans! lol I know, bad influence! But I believe in eating anything you really want to, as long as you prepare for it. lol
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well, I decided to go with the DragonFire Salmon, cooked without butter and extra veggies cooked dry..... I hope I can stick with it
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above recommendations, BUT...

I love their jack daniel's steak and french fries i wouldn't order anything else :D . I would drink tons of water all day and have this as my sample breakfast and lunch:

Breakfast--apple, trader joe's multigrain hot cereal, total cals about 200-250
    Lunch--spinach and butter lettuce with 1 slice of turkey bacon microwave for 2 minutes then broken into "bacon bits" and 1 tbsp trader joe's fat free balsamic vinaigrette. can add low cal veggies like cucumber and mini heritage tomatoes. total cals would be <100 depending on how many veggies you add.

afternoon snack--carrot sticks (i put a small sprinkling of salt but that's just me...)

that leaves A LOT of cals for dinner. YES you may go over. But if you eat a low cal day, lots of water, and exercise then I personally feel it's ok to splurge on a dinner out.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    1533 calories! I ate 1533 calories in one meal!!!! Don't believe me- read my food diary. Oh my gosh! I didn't eat anything all day. I so failed my mission today.

3 mozzarella sticks
    24 oz diet coke
    1 4oz dragonfire salmon without the kung pao sauce
    2 celery stalks
    1 oz ranch dressing
    5.5 pieces boneless buffalo wings
    5 french fries (from the fiances plate)
    8.5 pieces of fried greenbeans (YUM!!!)
    .4 cup ginger lime slaw
    .75 serving vegetable medley
    1 c. cinnamon spiced apple crumble

I did enjoy myself with my fiance though. :-) I just have to work hard tomorrow during my exercising
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    Annnnd that's why I don't like eating out with my boyfriend. Toooo much temptation lol.

Drinks lots of water and back on the mission tomorrow!
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Meh, I think you did fine.

Did you have fun? Was it tasty? The damage could have been much, much worse. You did so many things right: planning ahead, counting everything, making good choices along with the bad ones. You'll exercise and eat well today, and just don't look at the scale because of all that salt.

Good luck on your journey!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    1533 calories! I ate 1533 calories in one meal!!!! Don't believe me- read my food diary. Oh my gosh! I didn't eat anything all day. I so failed my mission today.

3 mozzarella sticks
    24 oz diet coke
    1 4oz dragonfire salmon without the kung pao sauce
    2 celery stalks
    1 oz ranch dressing
    5.5 pieces boneless buffalo wings
    5 french fries (from the fiances plate)
    8.5 pieces of fried greenbeans (YUM!!!)
    .4 cup ginger lime slaw
    .75 serving vegetable medley
    1 c. cinnamon spiced apple crumble

I did enjoy myself with my fiance though. :-) I just have to work hard tomorrow during my exercising

Good for you.. Honestly, it's one meal.. not an everyday thing.

Why the hell shouldn't you enjoy yourself? It is life after all.. and should be enjoyed. Not full of food that dry and without any flavor.

Chalk it up to an experience and learn for next time.

My thing to do always is get a sandwhich, eat half the bun and half the fries... and it works pretty well for me!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    AH! The green beans! What did you think?
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    AH! The green beans! What did you think?

I thought they were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!