here we go!!!!!!

Options
So you can say I'm the new kid on the block. My cousin turned me onto this website a few weeks ago but sadly I was too scared to look into it. I guess it's easier to live in denial than to admit that I needed help. Well I finally got the guts to use this thing yesterday and it's pretty awesome! I logged in the food diary and realized how much I'm really OVER-eating. Does anyone have any good tips on how to control food portions or some positive tips on how to motivate myself to actually work out? Well I hope I'm on the path to a new and improved self. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Replies

• Goldielox
    Options
    So you can say I'm the new kid on the block. My cousin turned me onto this website a few weeks ago but sadly I was too scared to look into it. I guess it's easier to live in denial than to admit that I needed help. Well I finally got the guts to use this thing yesterday and it's pretty awesome! I logged in the food diary and realized how much I'm really OVER-eating. Does anyone have any good tips on how to control food portions or some positive tips on how to motivate myself to actually work out? Well I hope I'm on the path to a new and improved self. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    There was a posting yesterday about the importance of measuring your food, so that is one good tip that I do use. And motivation to work out? You get to EAT more! That 's enough motivation for me! :smile:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome:flowerforyou:

My tips would be always measure what you are eating .... its amazing how quick you can go over by grabbing that second helping, or by guessing how much a serving is!!! and one of my other tricks is i always eat off 8" paper plates... sounds strange but because its a smaller plate i feel like im eating more when i pack my plate full of food... (oh and its paper only cuase i dont own any small plates lol)
    sounds weird i know but seriously it helps:flowerforyou:

good luck with your weightloss journey:flowerforyou:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    you need to let your body know that your are the boss, plain and simple. It takes alot of willpower to keep working out and keep eating right, trust me I know because I simply love junk food and candy and all that crap but it's no longer got a place in my life. Not to say that those types of foods are all that make us overweight but lets face it, they dont help. By letting your body know that you are the boss and not the other way around, I mean things like not eating all the time just because you "think" you are hungry, or more specifically because your stomach is telling you to eat something. You need to define craving and necessity. I was intimidated by all of this stuff in the beginning because it seems so hard, when really it's soooooo simple. I started by making a list of everything that I like to eat, including everything that's not condusive to a healthy diet. Then from there I took the things out that I knew off the top of my head were no good and contained waaaaay too many calories for the volume of food they were contained in (ie: beef tacos, greasy french fries, etc...). The list that I was left with I researched the nutritional values and I found that there were several things I didn't even know were high in calories at small portions... I put those in a separate list which I use VERY RARELY in moderation in order to keep myself psychologically satisfied with life. The rest of my list made me realize that I love healthy food and I just needed to focus on those things in the proper combinations in order to make up a healthy daily intake of food. As far as working out you just need to decide if you are really serious about making this change. Once you decide that you need to realize that it's not going to be easy, there are going to be ups and downs and that you cant get results without a bit of "nose the the grindstone" attitude. One thing that is nice is that if you fit it into your everyday routine, these types of sacrifices get easier and easier until its just who you are. It's all about willpower. I've also learned not to discuss my health and workout/weightloss goals with people at work and people in general. Most of these people know nothing about the topic and are just repeating myths that they've heard but because you "trust" these people it can sometimes make you feel like you're doing the wrong things. Stick to this site, it's an amazing support system full of people like us who need information, motivation and support for the same reasons. Plus most of the people on here have researched what they are talking about and can give you the full truth on the topic.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Last season as I was watching Biggest Loser, Jillian said that if you just get up during the commercials and do jumping jacks you could burn 300 calories during a show. Now, I don't like jumping jacks, so I starting just jogging in place during commercials and now I have progressed to where I actually like it and I do it more than in just commercials. It makes me feel good that at the beginning of the week I could only run a minute or two and thought I was going to die and now I can make it 5 or 6 minutes and be okay. I have only been doing this for a week now, but I think I am going to get a treadmill and jog during my favorite tv shows. I am addicted to jogging already and that is all I needed was to actually find something I can do while doing something else I like (watching tv)!! LOL.

I also love the food tracker on this site. It is amazing and 99% of the foods I eat are already in the database so it saves so much time!

125052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter