Another Newbie

Options
So I am new to the website too and for the first time in a long time I feel I am ready to take on the 100 lb. challenge I have gotten myself into. It has been a slow start but I know it is time and I can't give up. I enjoy reading everyone's stories of success. :smile:

Replies

• doingitforme
    Options
    So I am new to the website too and for the first time in a long time I feel I am ready to take on the 100 lb. challenge I have gotten myself into. It has been a slow start but I know it is time and I can't give up. I enjoy reading everyone's stories of success. :smile:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome:flowerforyou:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    welcome. i find that logging my food and exercise makes a difference in my daily choices and is helping me keep on track. i know when i've gone over and i now usually know in advance that I'm going to go over and try and compensate for it either by exercising more or being more careful the next day.

people here are wonderful. good luck
    :flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to do this!! I cannot express to you how good it feels to not feel fat anymore. I was about 25 pounds overweight and am almost to my goal. I just bought a pair of size 8 designer jeans yesterday. That feels so much better than overindulging with food. You can do this. Please believe you are worth it and deserve to feel happy!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    welcome. i find that logging my food and exercise makes a difference in my daily choices and is helping me keep on track. i know when i've gone over and i now usually know in advance that I'm going to go over and try and compensate for it either by exercising more or being more careful the next day.

people here are wonderful. good luck
    :flowerforyou:

Hi, and welcome!
    GREAT advice Chelsea! I couldn't have said it better myself!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    You HAVE to do this!! I cannot express to you how good it feels to not feel fat anymore. I was about 25 pounds overweight and am almost to my goal. I just bought a pair of size 8 designer jeans yesterday. That feels so much better than overindulging with food. You can do this. Please believe you are worth it and deserve to feel happy!!

I TOTALLY feel the same way! My whole life has changed soooooo much since coming to MFP and losing the weight that was IMPOSSIBLE to lose before, yet was "almost" easy to lose here!
    I used to be depressed all the time, and hated my body. But, now I'm happy as can be, and constantly looking in the mirror in amazement at the unbelievable difference!
    I can't say enough good about MFP's food log and wonderfully supportive members! :smile:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options

I TOTALLY feel the same way! My whole life has changed soooooo much since coming to MFP and losing the weight that was IMPOSSIBLE to lose before, yet was "almost" easy to lose here!
    I used to be depressed all the time, and hated my body. But, now I'm happy as can be, and constantly looking in the mirror in amazement at the unbelievable difference!
    I can't say enough good about MFP's food log and wonderfully supportive members! :smile:

I saw your before and after pics! You rock!! I, too, love mirrors now....but only in private :blushing:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    :laugh:

I saw your before and after pics! You rock!! I, too, love mirrors now....but only in private :blushing:

Awww, thanks! It NEVER gets old hearing how good I look these days, and in your case, that I "rock"! Thanks again! :smile: :flowerforyou: