Insanity?

Options
I'm sure there are threads about this. But I was just wondering, what people's opinions are of Shaun T's insanity workouts?

Are they really difficult? Last year I worked with a trainer for the entire year, and he pushed me, hard, at the gym..but currently I find myself more motivated to wake up and workout at home than go into the gym (and my trainer lives far far away now). But I'm missing that crazy burn/sweat I used to get when training.

Currently I'm doing 30DS + some P90x videos (not exactly in the way the P90x program is set out though, just flipping through Kenpo/Core Syn/Plyo/Cardio etc - none of the weights vids because I only have resistance bands and a mat right now). I also am running 3x/wk and yoga 1-2x/wk.

I'm contemplating Insanity once my 30 days are up, JM seriously annoys me, and I want to stick with at least 1 short workout in the mornings. Could I just go down to doing Insanity + 3 runs + yoga, or would it be best to still keep in the P90x?

Replies

• drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump

Today is my last day of 30DS and i'm looking for something to move on to.

Ive borrowed Insanity but don't really know what the program is. But i think I might try it next as I'm finally sick of Jillian, after using her DVDs pretty much exclusively for a long time.
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Awesome workout. I like it better than Turbofire although I change it up every now and then between the two workouts since I love to do boxing type moves and Insanity doesnt offer any of that.
  • Lindlee2
    Lindlee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love INSANITY! Just finished week 2 and did my 2nd fit test last night. Amazing how much I improved in just 2 weeks. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done, but I feel accomplished every time I finish a workout and I am dripping in sweat. I am usually a runner, but I needed to change things up a bit, so for 60 days INSANITY is it.
  • silversnare25
    silversnare25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Are they really difficult? Last year I worked with a trainer for the entire year, and he pushed me, hard, at the gym..but currently I find myself more motivated to wake up and workout at home than go into the gym (and my trainer lives far far away now). But I'm missing that crazy burn/sweat I used to get when training.

I'm on day 19 of Insanity. LOVE IT! you definately get that crazy burn and puddle of sweat that you're looking for. I find it alot easier to get up and go thatn to drive 15 minutes to the gym, that's over crowded...

DEFINATELY reccomend this workout!