My upper body isn't the problem...

Options
Hi everyone!
My problem is that I'm completely shaped like a spoon...my hips are SO big compared to my stomach and upper body. I forever have to wear a belt with pants...if they're big enough for my hips, they're about three sizes too big in the stomach. Does anyone else have this problem?? Can someone offer some exercises/advice to rid myself of these thunder thighs? Thanks for the help!

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    hi

i am exactly the same. you cant spot reduce, but certain exercises can help you tone like lunges and squats. my waiste is tiny but my hips are huge in comparason. you just have to make the most of what you have and love your sexy figure.

running is also good for helping to slim the shape of the legs, so really you need a mixture of everything from strength training to cardio and a good diet is everything! if your eating clean then the fat and crap wont stick to your thighs and it will make weight loss a lot easier xx
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    For thighs:squats, lunges and leg press will all help.

As far as pants goes, buy what fits the biggest part of you and then just get the waist altered. It's normally around 15 or 16 dollars... and then you have pants that fit properly instead of being too tight in one area or baggy in another.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Same here, 28 waist 47 hips. It is crazy. Sadly it just has to be done slowly over time. No spot reducing. i have resigned myself to always having a larger bottom half. I have just got Jillian Michael's bums and thighs dvd. I found that her 30 day shred has reduced my thighs by 2-3 inches in 14 days. Jogging seems to help too x
  • emereyda
    Options
    I know what you mean... Have the same problem, so I never wear pants, coz my hips and thighs are so big... only flattering dresses and skirts. Balloon shaped skirts are also good :) When Im looking to the size charts my chest and waist size is 14 (uk size) and hips size 20 (uk)!!
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I used to have a 10" difference between my hips and waist. I have reduced that to a 7 inch difference, which makes all the difference in the world with pants.... by rump was also a factor. I do ALOT of circuit training and include alot of leg work...
    lunges, abductor and adductor machines, My gym also has alot of gluteal machines which helps. If you do not have access to machines, the floor work you could do is alot of variations of lunges, side planks, It takes alot of work and for me just cardio wasnt cutting it. When I do cardio, especially treadmill, I do hills only. When I walk outside, I try to find a hilly route. Good luck with it. It is quite frustrating I know.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean... Have the same problem, so I never wear pants, coz my hips and thighs are so big... only flattering dresses and skirts. Balloon shaped skirts are also good :) When Im looking to the size charts my chest and waist size is 14 (uk size) and hips size 20 (uk)!!

I never wear trousers either! I thought it was just me. lol x
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    I have the same problem although at the moment have bloating issues and just don't know why................
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    Yep, I also join in the group :-( I am dreaming of being able to wear jeans but because I am the samer as you all ladies, I can't.

I am a 10 top (small 26' waist) and a size 14 bottom so I can't wear trousers well at all. I have reduced the size of my legs since doing running at least 5 times a week and also using the cross trainer a lot. I can see the shape is getting better and smaller but still a long way to go.

I know some people will think I am crazy and that gadgets are rubbish but I have been using HotPants from Zaggora for the last 3 1/2 weeks and I have now lost 3 inches of my thighs. I am still doing my regular exercice and have been very good with everything I eat (low fat/low cals). I really feel the difference on the appearance of my celulite (which is not visible anymore) and my shape is really looking much better. It may have done so without the pants but certainly not in such a short time.
    I love the pants as they are very comfy and are great to wear under your clothes or on their own when going to the gym, run, anything :-)

Anyway, have a look at their website. In order to get them cheaper for my friends & family, I have requested to be an ambassador for them and if you quote awellstead, you'll get a 10% discount.

I am really hoping that the combination of everything will see me in jeans by Xmas.... :-)

Good Luck.
    Angy
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    me too...gotta love pear shaped women :drinker:
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm another one. Even at 5lbs from my goal, my hips are 12" bigger than my waist. I have a suit. The jacket is a 4, the pants are 10s and need to have the waist tailored.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered a pair. Thanks for the discount code Angy.

Let you know how I get on xx
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I think you guys are lucky.. Super hour-glassy .. HOT!