Sweet Cravings

Options
I am having some serious sugar cravings today and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to work through these??

Replies

• MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    When i have days like these i have werthers original sugar free hard candies so yummy but only 8 cals a piece!
    I love these :0)
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories then eat fruit or yogurt. Yogurt does it for me.
  • trenakamille
    Options
    I am a "sweets fanatic"....so I have had to come up with all type of things to eat to satisfy my sweet tooth:

Sugar free pudding
    Sugar free Jello
    Jello temptations (key lime pie)
    Snackwell products
    Special K fruit Crisp (one of my favs and only 100 cals)
    Special K bars
    fiber one peanut butter chocolate chewy bars (90 cals)

Just a few suggestions :laugh:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 squares of chocolate or a piece of fruit.
  • scrapgun
    Options
    I love your ideas guys... I need to go shopping so i can be prepared next time... today I just grinned and beared it but I know that won't work long term... :D
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Fruit, and just eating less will eventually help the cravings to diminish....there are bodily hormones that stimulate the cravings......
    take care, Shari:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Fruit, and just eating less will eventually help the cravings to diminish....there are bodily hormones that stimulate the cravings......
    take care, Shari:happy: :flowerforyou:

I meant eating less sweets...not just less in general....a nice little piece of dark chocolate consumed slowly is also very pleasant for satisfying a craving......savor the flavor......
  • cattheterrible
    Options
    Sugar-free gum. Also, to save calories when I eat yogurt, I buy plain, fat-free yogurt and put Stevia in it.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Depends...do you want to give into something less satisfying and sweet or do you want to balance your blood sugar levels and diminish the craving? I have a huge sweet tooth and have been using cinnamon extract to help my sugar cravings. :) It might just work for you also. It's definitely worth a try!

Crystal
  • 0namission
    Options
    Whenever im craving sweets...i seriously reach for fruit... bananas are so sweet to mee and pineapples curb the cravings to
  • carey1932
    carey1932 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I attack my sweet cravings right off the bat with breakfast, then it doesn't hit me all day long.

2 Eggo waffles (the ones w/ added fiber & calcium) 160 calories
    Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Buttery flavor syrup (1/4 cup) 30 calories
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    When i have days like these i have werthers original sugar free hard candies so yummy but only 8 cals a piece!
    I love these :0)

This! :)