NSV

Options
Bugsyzgrl
Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
Today was a very good day. I stepped on the scale and proof- 4.2 lbs gone since last Friday!! WOO HOO. But this is an NSV post so...

Last night I was looking through my work wardrobe and realized much of my clothes are getting loose... solution? I know, I'll pull out that pair of brown slacks that are a little stretchy and over my much too chubby frame used to look oh so bad... they should look OK now. Flash forward to this morning- I head to the gym, work out, step on the scale, I'm in a good mood. Take my shower and thrown on my slightly stretchy pants only to discover they are now too big and, as they are stretchy, look worse than when the seams were being worked...!! For a half second I was miffed, then I realized... WHOA! Inches be gone!!

As an aside, I thought back to 6 weeks ago when I first started hitting the gym and I saw all those women walking around in bras and panties. I was mortified... Leave it to me to find a way to dress in the shower. Today, it hit me. For the last week, I have gotten down to coming out in pants and a bra... Will I be one of those women? And if so, is it really possible I will look good doing it?? As an aside, I am still not wholly comfortable with my body, so let me make this small request. If you are a size 2 and 16 lbs soaken wet on a bad day... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't change in the handicap stall. Leave that for us fat girls. =0) We are working on it, and one day we can join you in the 'skinny' stall!

Replies

• E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hiya! Well done on the pants looking horrible LOL - dont you just HATE it when you put something on and it looks ugly, BUT in this case its a GOOD ugly hehe. Well done on the weight loss. And dont worry, us women, WE are OUR biggest critics. i am sure you will become one of 'those' women! Love yourself babe! Keep it up
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    That is so fantastic! Recommendation - buy new clothes at a thrift shop, because before you know it, your "new" clothes will be too big as well, and you're going to end up going through several wardrobes! You are already looking fabulous, and you're going to be even more gorgeous as you continue! :flowerforyou:
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been really enjoying the gym room since I joined the Y. I don't want that to sound weird... but anyway, there's not much of a place to chance; there are signs posted on the two bathroom stalls saying not to change in them and the shower stalls are small. So, most people just change right in the open; including changing to/from sports bras or stripping all the way down for swimsuits. I love the comfortable feeling in the room where there's people of all different shapes and sizes being vulnerable in a way by letting other people see them; it makes me feel like people heavier than me *and* people lighter than me are comfortable with their bodies so why shouldn't I be too? There's always someone more fit and someone less fit. There's disabled people who I think must have to work extra hard just to be mobile and i think it's great they're in a gym, there's older people, there's busy middle aged business women, you know? It's just cool that we're all in one place working towards the same goal and focusing on ourselves without caring what others think. I don't look at anybody else when they're changing and I feel like no one looks at me; we can just all do our own thing.

Anyway... I think it's cool that you're starting to find that comfort level and I'm super glad for your weight loss!
  • joyeaann
    joyeaann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on the love/hate relationship with the too big clothes! Congratulations on the pants!
    In my opinion... the getting more comfortable with your body and yourself is the biggest best and most important NSV!!!!
    GREAT JOB!!! You are a rock star!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!