first week

Options
So I know that in the 1st week of dieting and exercising is when you lose the most weight. and i know that you shouldn't focus on the numbers of the scale and you should focus on your body and how you feel. but i cant help to get discouraged that since Sunday(5/6) days i have only lost maybe 2 pounds.yes 2 pound is very reasonable but me, on any other day, on any other diet would have lost at least 3-4 pounds in the 1st week. especially with all the changes ive made. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I really am pushing myself :/

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You are going to love the results. :flowerforyou:
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I JUST did my first weigh in. I only lost 1 pound...in 2 weeks (just bought a scale yesterday). So, I think I know how you feel. I am trying not to get too discouraged. I went back over my food diary and tried to see where I had gone wrong.
  • Finigan84
    Options
    I know that for me a lot of the diets I have tried in the past I have had a big loss in the first three weeks and slowly my body wants to put that all back on because I was denying myself food or keeping up a ridiculous workout schedule. Losing 2 pounds in a week is a great start. If you are making the decision to change your lifestyle and to make smart choices the weight will come off steadily and stay off. Be patient with yourself and keep pushing! You can do it!
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    i just posted something about people's first week's, generally people are losing a lot but some don't but it is normal, you will see results, it may be slowly at first, but if u keep going and do everything right, it should be ok. I havn't lost this much this week :)
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    i just posted something about people's first week's, generally people are losing a lot but some don't but it is normal, you will see results, it may be slowly at first, but if u keep going and do everything right, it should be ok. I havn't lost this much this week :)
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Consistent effort will keep it melting off 2 lbs at a time. I havent' changed up my exercise routine at all, doing two 15 minute walks per day and keeping my calories where they should be and every week that I've done that I've consistently lost 2 more lbs.

Just think of it this way, if you lost 2 lbs a week, doing the same thing you did this week, by this time next month you'll be 8 lbs lighter! That's just a few shy of 10! That's going down half a pant size!

Remember the old adage: Slow and steady wins the race.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged ladies....it will happen! 2lbs, 1lb even .51lbs a week is great! We are in this for the long haul, its a lifestyle change...you will be great, just wait and see! :bigsmile:
  • VeroDahling
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) i just got to keep a positive attitude and keep on pushing. even if it take me 5 months i wanna follow through this time untill i reach my goal.. its good to know that im not the only one out there! Hopefully my body will change more than the numbers on the scale. Next weigh in is the 16th.. wish me luck!!

Ps. feel free to add me!!! im pretty cool :p