Buying a new scale....

Options
I think I might buy a new scale. Since mine told me this morning that I am now 4 pounds heavier in ONE day......

Anyone have recommendations for good ones?

Replies

• JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    Are you using a digital scale or a needle scale?
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    my question too..is digital better?
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options

it is digital
  • jcdfish
    jcdfish Posts: 31
    Options
    When I replaced my last one, I got a doctor's type scale. I think I got it at either Amazon or ebay, not sure. But it seems pretty accurate. The beauty in those is you can tell if they are off a bit and recalibrate very easily.

I never trust spring scales, because the temperature in the room can affect the springs.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    THIS ONE!! Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE

It has over 1,000 positive reviews and I recently bought it! Worth it!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    My old digital was fine for years until one day it started doing what you said - I was 4 pounds more, then 4 less, the next day was good then 10 down, 7 up, etc.

I replaced it with another $15 digital and it seems to work fine.
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

it is digital

You might try changing the batteries (cheaper than buying a new scale)...I had the same problem with gaining like that. I changed the batteries and not only had I NOT gained but I actually lost. My scale ended up being about 7 pounds off. Oh, and if you're doing strength training during the week, you will weigh heavier for a day or two after you lift because your body is retaining fluid to repair muscles,. I can count on at least a two pound gain the day after I do strength training but have seen as much as a three pound gain.
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I think digital scale's are more accurate! Those needle scales always telling different numbers.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! going to try replacing the battery first, now I must go see if I have a square one...

If that doesn't work I will look at some of the ones you guys posted :smile:
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    Taylor 7506. I love mine. I can get on and off multiple times within minutes of each other and it reads the same number. I find it to be very accurate. Walmart $39.99 plus $.97 shipping!
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Taylor-Model-7506-Glass-Electronic-Scale/14311191
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Yes. My recommendation would be.....don't do it! You know, the more I think about it, the less sense a scale makes. I mean, really. Do I REALLY need a scale to tell me that I'm fat? I couldn't figure it out by having to shop in the fat lady section?....hmm....I think my scale is going to be sent into hiding when I get home today....