90 Days And 40-lbs!

Options
TMX2U
TMX2U Posts: 11 Member
Wow! This has truly been One Day At A Time and the results have shown! I can’t really even begin without thanking all my MFP friends. My family up in Chicago introduced me to MFP. After that, I made some comments on the public forum and began developing some wonderful relationships with people around the world. All of my MFP friends have been both inspirational and motivational. Some reached out and gave me specific directions like sharing my journal and then then taking time out to look to see what I ate that day. Sometimes I tend to not eat enough and they let me know it!

Unfortunately, 40-lbs is not the stopping point for me; I still have a long journey. One of the mental battles that I continue to fight is the idea that I want to be at my target weight now! Keeping the idea of one day at time for me is a must. All I have is today. I can’t do anything about the past and tomorrow is not guaranteed. What actions I do today is all that I can really control. But I’m thankful I don’t have to take this journey alone.

Again, thank you to my current MFP friends and I welcome anyone who wants to join me “as we trudge the road to happy destiny”!

Replies

• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow, 40 pounds is a great success, Congratulations! I am so proud for you, this is an awesome inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • theresagal329
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!! I love your attitude! I too get stuck in the "I want it NOW", but we just have to take it one day at a time. Great Job!
  • bampitt
    bampitt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    TMX2U, I feel the same way. I want to be at my target weight NOW! Your one day at a time approach is a great idea and one I think I will adopt.

40 lbs in 90 days is fantastic!! Great work!!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Sounds like you have the perfect attitude, which is the special ingredient to success!
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    Awesome job man! (btw...I read your profile about the roller coaster thing...I'm totally there with you!)
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow saw your pics on your profile. Big difference!! Great job, and keep up the awesome work!!
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you!!!!!!!!!! Thats very inspiring!!! Amazing! Keep up the great work! You TOTALLY got this! :)
  • cc8088
    cc8088 Posts: 41
    Options
    Way to go!!! Can't wait till mine says 40lbs lost!!!

5962380.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    40 pounds lost in 3 months is fantastic. that shows you've been super dedicated over that period of time. stay dedicated and the rest will come off in time. remember that this is a lifelong journey. if it were easy to lose all of the weight at once, you wouldn't have a journey to remember and you'd probably get complacent and gain the weight back. this way, you will remember how much hard work it takes to get healthy and hopefully that will help you stay on track once you hit your goal.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    congrats! It is definitely hard to go day by day when you want the results NOW. :)
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeh!!! 40 pounds...awesome job. One day at a time is my motto also....keep up the great work :smile:
  • lrhodes49
    lrhodes49 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    With only 4lbs down and 26 more to go I loved reading your story. Keep up the good work and I too have to remember that it's one day at a time and hopefully this time when I get it off it will be for good.

Thanks for the up lifting story on my 49th birthday, this will help me be true to myself today and not go over board on the eating.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    truly amazing!! and what a great reminder that tomorrow is not a gaurantee!! I will remember that for sure!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!