Hello......

Options
48 yrs. old, one 14 yr. old beautiful daughter, one terrific husband - one very overweight ME!!! I am tired of
watching each season change and I keep staying the same......... 150lbs overweight!!! Can you believe it?
I feel defeated before I begin........HUGE mountain to climb!!!
I have never shared this on a "site" before.......... so tired of feeling alone in this battle!!!

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and don't get discouraged. Educate yourself on healthy eating. Read lables, look online for healthy recipes, stay clear of processed and fast foods, find healthy substitutions for the things you love. Low carb low cal breads, tortilla, and pitas. Eat as close to whole as you can. Fresh meats and fish, whole low carb grains, fresh fruits and veggies, low fat dairy. It is true if you learn how to eat healthy you can eat a lot of food and never be hungry. It just takes time and effort on your part but in the long run you will love the results. Make your health your hobby and think before you reach. It took time to put the weight on and it should take time to take it off, the right way. :flowerforyou:
    Also get yourself a food scale and get familure with what a real portion size looks like. It was the best investment I ever made.