Just fell in love with quinoa!

Options
2»

Replies

• MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm ok I am always looking for new ideas to replace my love afair with pasta. Where can I find it?

Target has them in the rice and pasta aisle. It's about $8.00 for a bag.

I love this too and use it in place of rice.
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I finally tried quinoa a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it too. I had been staying away from white rice but my wife and kids hate brown rice but we all like quinoa so it has become the replacement for rice in general. I have made it as a side dish plain. I made some shrimp fried quinoa one night to go with some stir fried stuff. I mixed quinoa with monterrey jack, onions and comino and stuffed it inside poblano peppers that I covered in enchilada sauce and put in the oven. It's awesome. I get it in the bulk section of my grocery store.

I hadn't thought of the breakfast ideas I have just used it in a more savory form. I'll have to try some of those.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I finally tried quinoa a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it too. I had been staying away from white rice but my wife and kids hate brown rice but we all like quinoa so it has become the replacement for rice in general. I have made it as a side dish plain. I made some shrimp fried quinoa one night to go with some stir fried stuff. I mixed quinoa with monterrey jack, onions and comino and stuffed it inside poblano peppers that I covered in enchilada sauce and put in the oven. It's awesome. I get it in the bulk section of my grocery store.

I hadn't thought of the breakfast ideas I have just used it in a more savory form. I'll have to try some of those.

Mouth is literally watering! I love the stuffed pepper idea! Thanks :tongue:
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with quinoa too!!

I make various quinoa 'risotto's' by adding a little extra stock/broth while cooking to get that risotto consistency then I add garlic, chopped onion and low fat cream cheese. then add roasted butternut squash & sage, or wild mushrooms & thyme, or chorizo and chicken, or brocoli and blue cheese.

Those all sound so delicious! I'm in love with quinoa and can't wait to try these :-)