NSV of the day...

Options
ahsongbird
ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
I gained weight this week instead of losing, no no thats not my NSV lol, my NSV is that it didn't discourage me in the slightest. I just thought "well, time to change something." I used to get really freaked out if I saw the slightest gain but now I realize its not a race, I have time to adjust things and see what works and I know as long as I'm trying I WILL see results and some day I WILL see my goal. :)

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I gained too - pretty sure it is water weight from starting to lift weights and work out much more strenuously. I can hardly walk. But, the NSV is that I am wearing clothes today that I haven't worn in about 5 years. And, when I wore them 5 years ago - I probably should not have! WooHoo new old work clothes!
  • Brittshae
    Options
    Can somebody please tell me what NSV means?
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    NSV is Non scale victory
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've been doing that a lot lately too. If I go over, I think eh wth, it was delicious and worth it. I don't have a NSV this week, but I had a SV and lost 2lbs. It's the most I've lost in a week since January. I've been steadily at 1lb/week so the extra pound was awesome and put me 2.5lbs away from my Oct goal of reaching 160.
  • fish119
    fish119 Posts: 67
    Options
    NSV means non-scale victory :smile:
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You and I started at the same weight and your current weight is close to where my goal weight is. Thanks for the inspiration!

@Brittshae NSV non scale victory.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options

non scale victory
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

Non scale victory!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Not getting upset by a small gain is a mighty victory in itself, so well done!

I lost 1lb this week, I was really hoping for more but it didn't happen - next week I'll try harder, but I won't give up LOL

We can't be perfect all the time no matter how hard we try !!!!!!
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You and I started at the same weight and your current weight is close to where my goal weight is. Thanks for the inspiration!

@Brittshae NSV non scale victory.
    oh no I hadn't updated my profile, I've been away from MFP since November 2010 so I've gained weight again lol it was nice to see 140's for a while tho :P
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of YELLOW jeans that I have not been able to button up for well over a year! And although they are a teensy bit snug, I am determined to wear them for the day........................decided to wear my own sunshine to work (we have casual Fridays where I work, so am dressed for a summer day - it's supposed to hit around 80 degrees here......in Duluth MN in October? Crazy, but awesome!!)

:flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of YELLOW jeans that I have not been able to button up for well over a year! And although they are a teensy bit snug, I am determined to wear them for the day........................decided to wear my own sunshine to work (we have casual Fridays where I work, so am dressed for a summer day - it's supposed to hit around 80 degrees here......in Duluth MN in October? Crazy, but awesome!!)

:flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
    Oh I hear ya on the weather, it has been crazy nice here in Indiana too ! I hope it means halloween will be much warmer than last year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!