New To This...

Options
Hi Everyone, I'm just getting started after hearing about the site from a friend. I'm loving what I see and think this will really help me get to my goals. It's shocking that my "slim" muffin isn't as slim as I thought, I think this will be a wake up call.

I have lots to lose and I know it's going to be a long road ahead, but it has to be done...I have 2 young kids, 3 & 1, and I want to be able to keep up with them! For the last couple of months I've been doing a Zumba class 3 times a week and for the first time in my life, I'm enjoying exercising. I am recently back to work though and find that having a desk job isn't helping my weight loss efforts!

I find you all so motivating, it's great to read all the tips out there.

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....I know when I started this, I was also surprised to find out some of the healthy food were not actually healthy...yikes.....take it one day at a time and set small goals and keep moving and you should see some great results. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It is an awesome place to track your food and a lot of information. I too have a desk job and I try to do leg raises while I am at my desk and try to get up and walk a little bit just to get my body moving. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    hi welcome to the site ive been on here 4 weeks now and finding it a great help keeps me motivated:smile:
  • BanderaOutlaw
    Options
    Hey there and welcome! You'll find nothing but great tools, great tips, and great folks in this community. It's made all the difference in my sticking to my diet and getting out on the bike as often as I can.
  • aliceschreiber
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! I am new as well!!

11742807.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter