Trying to lose weight again

Options
I have yo-yoed over the years, the last time I tried to lose weight, I lost 61 lbs and then fell off the wagon and gained most of it back. So now I'm trying again, started eating better on September 6th, the day after Labor Day. I'm trying to lose at least a pound a week and I'm only weighing once a month, I seem to get discouraged if I weigh weekly, I prefer to weigh once a month and see several lbs. lost. So far I've lost 6 pounds. Good luck to everyone here who is trying to lose weight, it is a struggle for me.

Angela

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You might also want to take measurements. I do that monthly, and what the scale hasn't always shown the tape measure does. Took a peak at your profile, we are about the same age....feel free to add me as friend if you like! Welcome to the journey!!
  • aprilgerken
    aprilgerken Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am sure once you get back on the wagon you will be successful again. Just keep your goals in mind and all your hard work will pay off. I will be rooting for you. :) Thanks for your honest post.
  • lesfray
    Options
    Good luck to you on your journey!
  • louisebear
    Options
    Good luck, I'm sure you will do it this time round!!! make sure u measure up, waist/hips/thigh you will ba amazed :O)
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dear Angela,
    Congratulations on your initiative to a better lifestyle. You are offering yourself the best gift, just make sure to remember to keep making time for YOU!!!
    I have been using MFP since May and have lost 4lbs, but I do feel much better because I am building muscle while losing fat. As discouraged as I have been, I've accepted this is the way my body does it. I exercise lots, eat well and lose slowly... sometimes not at all, but my overall health is better. I began seeing a nutritionist three weeks ago and have lost another 2.2 lbs... so I know that nutrition plays a lot into it.
    All the best to you, if you'd like to 'friend me', send me a request: dandes.
    Again, you are on the right track, keep it up girl!
    Sincerely,
    Danielle
  • 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck - you can do it!