Newbie with 50 pounds to lose

Options
Hey I'm 50 years old too, fixing to be 51 next week. I weigh 210 pounds and I am 5'7". I have a goal set to lose 50 pounds by my baby daughters high school graduation. This gives me 7 months. What have you been doing to lose your weight? By the way I gonna love this site, especially because i can use my phone or pc.

Replies

• 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am in about the same boat as you! Taller, 45 years old but still have the same amount to lose and my youngest graduates in June as well. I will send you a request to be friends and maybe we can get this done together. I know for me I need to get motivated to exercise. I get home from work at 6pm, make dinner and then I am tired. The last thing I want to do is workout! I set a reminder on my phone to walk for 20 minutes on the treadmill to start getting in the habit. We are doing biggest loser at work and 3 guys are totally hardcore! I have not been but no time better than the present to start! Good Luck!!!
  • niicolemariies
    niicolemariies Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 19 and 5'2" I had a starting weight of 198 and after a year I'm finally down to 154 in hope of losing another 25-30lbs. I've done p90x and Insanity and good ol' traditional exercise at the gym. I've also tried OTC diet pills from the Hydroxycut varieties, green tea pills, and OxyElite Pro. All of which helped jump start weightloss by losing a good chunk in the first couple months. Feel free to browse my blog/profile for more about me and my weight loss journey. I wish you the best! :)
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 years old, 183 lbs 5'9" 13%bf
    I started myself on a new program this year to trim fat fast through a technique called "Carb Cycling" you're gauranteed to burn off lots of weight and even more through regular, and even light exercise.

Please Google "Carb Cycling" there are too many methods to it.

Here are the basics.
    1. Moniter your current diet for one week, and find out what your weekly average is for total amount of Carbs

2. there is a formula for finding what your carb intake should be for your body type, as an example let's say it's 300g a day.

3. For one week on a healthy diet (complex carbs!) allow your body to acustom itself to the the new daily dose of carbs.

4. Once your body gets use to it's new total amount of clean energy in a week you will be ready to start cycling your carbs in three to four day increments. Over a period of thoes days you will remove no less than 50g from your fixed diet per day.
    Day 1 - 250 grams of complex carbs
    Day2 - 200 grams
    Day 3 - 150g
    Day 4 - 100g

Within the 3rd to 4th day you may feel irritable, and feel like no matter how much meat you eat you can't fill that gut. The main important sympton you want to watch out for is WEAKNESS. You're body will began to feel tired, unmotivated, and drained. This is important because at this point your body has adjusted into survival mode and is now beganing to feed itself off your muscle. It's now time to IMMEDIATELY CARB LOAD!

When the worst symptoms hit this is now time to splooge on your favorite foods, and if you have the entire day ahead of you than Load back up to 300 carbs that same day, and next day began to cut it off repeating the cycle all over again.

This is proven rapid weight loss. Must keep drinking tons of water, because your glycogen will be reduced. eat pleanty of complex carbs only. They are slow digesting and give you longer amounts of energy.

Note: ( consistant low carb dieting will just teach your body to adapt and live off of low carbs without effective fat burning ability, while carb cycling keeps tricking your body into lack of energy forcing it to find it's source off body fat )

google the following and get all your info to get your confidence and knowledge ( food list of complex carbs, carb cycle, interval training)

Sorry I had much to write with too much time on my hand right now.