Bodymedia Fit?

Options
I have a Bodymedia Fit which, until yesterday, wore nearly 24/7. I always considered it very accurate, frighteningly so for my sleep times, LOL. I didn't wear it at all yesterday and just put it on for my training session today. I put it on about 10 minutes before I started working out.

I worked out hard...like really hard, running intervals, heavy weights between intervals, etc. I'd guess my HR was around 85% of my max for at least 30 minutes of that hour, never dropping below 75% of my max.

My Fit indicates I burned 397 stinking calories. Do you think NOT wearing the Fit for 24 hours, then just putting it on before the w/o affected the accuracy?

I was seriously expecting to burn upwards of 550 calories.

Replies

• ArnonsaeJ
    ArnonsaeJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, I had one of those, but sold it because i couldn't afford the subscription any more. maybe do a test period of a week of just wearing it for workouts and then a week of wearing it all the time and looking at the difference.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I usually plug it in everyday or upload (or is it download?) the info onto my iphone from the Fit. I'd say for a workout like the one I just did, I would have burned at least 550. I burn 250 for 30 min. on the elliptical and I usually don't workout as hard as I did today.

I'm wondering if there's some weird ju ju like the Fit has to measure your temp and sweat for a while to provide accurate info. Maybe it "forgot" me while it was off my body for 24 hours, KWIM?

Does that sound crazy? LOL
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Anyone else?

<<<<.....falling into obscurity of dreaded Page 2......>>>>