cooking sprays

Options
I was just curious about non-stick type cooking sprays. I understand they dont have any nutrition, which is no suprise with ingredients like "propellant", but are there any that are better than the rest? Am I better off just using olive oil or something else when cooking, or is it worth saving the calories when possible?

Replies

• PW6543
    PW6543 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was just curious about non-stick type cooking sprays. I understand they dont have any nutrition, which is no suprise with ingredients like "propellant", but are there any that are better than the rest? Am I better off just using olive oil or something else when cooking, or is it worth saving the calories when possible?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options

There is a spray cooking spray that is olive oil, I think its better because sometimes I poor too much olive oil in the pan and the calories can add up! Hope that helps.

~Leash
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    And I'm pretty sure you can buy an oil spritzer thing at grocery stores so you can just use your own oil without any chemicals. That is what I will be doing next time I shop.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can buy an airpump bottle and put your own oil into it. Here is the link to the pampered chef one. I bought mine for cheaper at a kitchen supply store.http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=610&categoryCode=KW