Feels like a hangover... but...

Options
I haven't had alcohol in a few weeks. I woke up this morning feeling nauseated with the sort of jittery/tingly sensation that usually accompanies a hangover. I would swear I am hungover, but it's just not possible. My heart rate is normal and I have no other symptoms besides the queasy feeling and the jittery feeling.

So, your opinions please, is it more likely to be related to the fact that I gorged myself on unmeasured high calorie foods last night OR more likely that I have overworked my muscles during this week's workout routines? Has anyone else ever had hangover-like symptoms without consuming alcohol?

I doubt it is a stomach flu/bug because I have no other symptoms, but I guess that is also a slight possibility...

Replies

• MisoSoup79
    Options
    I haven't had alcohol in a few weeks. I woke up this morning feeling nauseated with the sort of jittery/tingly sensation that usually accompanies a hangover. I would swear I am hungover, but it's just not possible. My heart rate is normal and I have no other symptoms besides the queasy feeling and the jittery feeling.

So, your opinions please, is it more likely to be related to the fact that I gorged myself on unmeasured high calorie foods last night OR more likely that I have overworked my muscles during this week's workout routines? Has anyone else ever had hangover-like symptoms without consuming alcohol?

I doubt it is a stomach flu/bug because I have no other symptoms, but I guess that is also a slight possibility...
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Last time a friend told me that she ended up being pregnant :laugh:

It could also be dehydration...drink some water, eat something light and enjoy a nice shower
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Last time a friend told me that she ended up being pregnant :laugh:

It could also be dehydration...drink some water, eat something light and enjoy a nice shower

Pregnancy is not a possibility... DF is deployed! LOL!

I have gone over my 8 glasses of water every day this week... usually in the 10-12 cup range. I don't feel dehydrated. But the shower idea sounds really good... I may just go stand in the hot water for a while!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    a binge on sugary foods the day before will do that for me :)
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Your sugar could be low in reaction to the extra insulin produced to process the sugar binge. Or could have been an overnight migraine have you ever had migraines? I feel like I have a hangover if I get one at night while I'm sleeping. :frown:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • deniseg
    Options
    If you are drinking 10-12 cups of water a day in addition to other liquids, it is remotely possible that you are over-hydrating and throwing your electrolytes out of balance. If your electrolytes (sodium, potassium, etc.) are low, it can make you feel weak and nauseated. If all you are drinking is water, then overhydration is not the problem.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Your sugar could be low in reaction to the extra insulin produced to process the sugar binge. Or could have been an overnight migraine have you ever had migraines? I feel like I have a hangover if I get one at night while I'm sleeping. :frown:
    Amy

I have only had maybe 3 migraines in my life, so I'm really not prone to them. The carb overload is possible, though... it was a lot of beans, tomato sauce, tortilla chips and popcorn!!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    If you are drinking 10-12 cups of water a day in addition to other liquids, it is remotely possible that you are over-hydrating and throwing your electrolytes out of balance. If your electrolytes (sodium, potassium, etc.) are low, it can make you feel weak and nauseated. If all you are drinking is water, then overhydration is not the problem.

I generally only drink water, with perhaps a morning cup of coffee. I don't drink soda or juice or milk. But I did have a diet Dr. Pepper last night... I think my electrolytes are generally good because I eat often enough...

Thanks to all of you for your input! I am definitely not going to have a repeat of last night!