Hormone Free Protein Powder, Anyone?

Options
BaliRun
BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
I have discovered that protein makes me full. Therefore I rely heavily on my protein powder. I use on my shakes and I add it to recipes. I consume protein powder in some form daily. My favorite is Gladiator Vanilla Protein powder (whey protein) because it only has 1 net carb, no sugars, high in protein, it's filled with essential amino acids and vitamins and it taste great. The only problem I have with this particular powder is that like other protein supplements out there it is not organic and therefore has hormones from the whey source (the cow milk). I am also worried about the preservatives, they are not listed on the ingredient list, but that doesn't mean that they are not there. I tried called their 1-800 number to ask about the the preservatives and the lady on the line was not sure, she got my number down and said she would have someone call me with the specific information.

I am wondering if anyone out there has a healthier, organic or hormone free protein powder that I can try.

Replies

• andrialindsay
    Options
    I am no expert, but I really like the Jay Robb brand myself. I like it because it uses stevia as a sweetener instead. Look into it. Its a bit pricey... but for me everything is pricey! I also purchased MRM from Albertsons one day when I was low on cash. Funny but it upsets my stomach. Anyway, check out Jay Robb.
  • Skydemon53
    Skydemon53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use Dr. Mercola's Miracle Whey. More expensive than some, but disolves good, tastes good, and comes in several flavors. Available online.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Google vegan protein powders.

Many of them hare organic/hormone free from soy or other veggie sources.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb protein.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i like almased. google it. not expensive at all either.
  • Karlirosem
    Karlirosem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Melaleuca has amazing products in including protein drinks. You should really check it out. Great stuff!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    These are vegan:

http://www.vitacost.com/Lifetime-Lifes-Basics-Plant-Protein-Powder-with-Greens
    just a little sweet fo rmy taste but palatable

http://www.vitacost.com/Lifetime-Lifes-Basics-Plant-Protein-Unsweetened
    just got it, haven't tried it yet.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I like MRM Whey Pumped French Vanilla. It is hormone-free and sweetened with stevia. Very minimal ingredient list and I like the taste.

I've also used the Jay Robb whey protein and liked it as well, similar ingredient list as the MRM. But if you read the label, they TRY to obtain hormone-free milk sources but they may use "regular" milk if their supplier can't meet their demand. So you don't really know container to container what you're really paying for.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    365 protein powder from Whole Foods.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but I really like the Jay Robb brand myself. I like it because it uses stevia as a sweetener instead. Look into it. Its a bit pricey... but for me everything is pricey! I also purchased MRM from Albertsons one day when I was low on cash. Funny but it upsets my stomach. Anyway, check out Jay Robb.

I second the Jay Robb protein powders.
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Pea protein. 21 g/serving.

I get it at the health food store.

Plantfustion.net.
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Google vegan protein powders.

Many of them hare organic/hormone free from soy or other veggie sources.

hmmm vegan protein... didn't think of that.... Good Idea!!!!
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Arbonne makes shakes that are vegan - and I believe organic. They are online at arbonne.com.