Plantar Fasciitis

iuangina
iuangina Posts: 691 Member
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello! I've been struggling with PF for about 6 months. I go back to the sports doc next week. In the mean time, does anyone have any stretches that work? It seems to be getting worse even though I quit all running exercises. I mainly do swimming and cycling at this point. This is the worst pain I've ever had and I've had my share of injuries.

Thanks!

Replies

• Be sure you stretch the bottom of your foot frequently.

Several times a day, put a golf ball on the floor and massage the bottom of your foot by rolling it around with your foot.

Talk with your sports doc about an immobilizer to sleep in at night. This will keep your foot perpendicular to your leg and will stretch out the fascia while you sleep.

Best of luck, PF is no joke with the pain!
  • jackalope28
    jackalope28 Posts: 38 Member
    I do yoga daily - and if I don't, the pain intensifies like mad. I don't know how to fix it either, but would love to hear what you learn!

So sorry, the pain is terrible and doesn't go away. :(
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Do you have enough support in your shoes?! I know that has helped me a lot. I am a dental assistant so I am on my feet all day pretty much. I wear Skechers Shape-ups while at work and I swear they have helped so much! I know it isn't stretching tips, but I thought this might help too!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Check out http://www.heel-that-pain.com I've been using the gel cups for about a year and it made a huge difference. The first month is awkward. A little painful almost, but once your foot is shaped properly, the pain goes away. I notice if I don't use them for awhile, it comes back, so I know it's working!
This discussion has been closed.