Calories Burned on a Stationary Cycle

Options
Hi

I use a stationary cycle and have been for a while, although I am not sure about the 'Calorie Burn' on one of these.........the on board comp says I burn 270 for 1/2 hour cycling at 20 mph (this includes 2 bursts of 1 min each at 30 mph) but I am sure it must be more than this.

I notice that most of the places that give the estimated cals burned for a static cycle give the effort (Light, Med, Heavy) in Watts Output, although my cycle does not have this, only Speed, Distance, Time, HR and Cals.

Any help appreciated.

Widdy

Replies

• Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi

I use a stationary cycle and have been for a while, although I am not sure about the 'Calorie Burn' on one of these.........the on board comp says I burn 270 for 1/2 hour cycling at 20 mph (this includes 2 bursts of 1 min each at 30 mph) but I am sure it must be more than this.

I notice that most of the places that give the estimated cals burned for a static cycle give the effort (Light, Med, Heavy) in Watts Output, although my cycle does not have this, only Speed, Distance, Time, HR and Cals.

Any help appreciated.

Widdy
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I busted my butt in a spin class this morning. It was intense for an hour and I wore my Polar HRM. I burned right at 600 so it was probably more accurate than you think.
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I busted my butt in a spin class this morning. It was intense for an hour and I wore my Polar HRM. I burned right at 600 so it was probably more accurate than you think.

I think you could be right there, just been checking around t'interweb and all say around the same.

Thanks

Widdy
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right.