Studying + Junk Food = Student

Options
It always seems that no matter what I am studying for, I always crave junk food. I want it all, chocolate, pop, chips, candy, you name it, I want it! I find that midterms aren't so bad, and I typically choose a healthier snack, but once finals come and spending hours on end at the library studying, I don't want something healthy.

Any suggestions of alternative snacks that I could take with that would satisfy my urges?

Replies

• adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna Bars or Clif Bars! Fruit or healthy stuff just won't do it for me when I'm studying and craving junk....and those taste just like a candy bar :)

If you think it would help you could cut up some fruit or vegetables and put them into to-go containers so that when you open the fridge they'll be right there! I find that if I have to "prepare" something healthy it doesn't happen.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Lightly salted!
    Dark chocolate! (there's also dark chocolate m&ms)
    Fruits & veggies
  • filmfanatic29
    Options
    I have a terrible problem with snacking. My suggestions are pretzels, honey nut cheerios (just the dry cereal), a couple pieces dark chocolate, raisins, trail mix or almonds. I love fruits too so I love going for fresh apples (gala and fuji) or even freeze dried fruits. Don't underestimate the classic combo of baby carrots and low fat ranch dressing!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on why you're craving the unhealthy snacks. For example, sometimes I want specific foods because I know they're bad for me. I feel like I'm indulging. By definition, nothing healthy is going to satisfy that particular need. I have to find a way to work around it some other way.
  • saugustin07
    saugustin07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Make your own trail mix.Add sweet & salty, like nuts, dark chocolate chips, pretzels, raisins, tortilla chips, peanut butter, wheat thins. I take apples and decore them and add peanut butter and chocolate chips in the middle.Make a water bottle with sliced lemon.
  • ttunteeya
    ttunteeya Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    try the gluten free section of your grocery store!
    there are lots of yummy snacks with far less calories and they still taste great!
    Im not on a "gluten free" diet but i always eat gluten free snacks cuz they tend to be under 100 cals and much more healthy for you.

i love popcorn, cheese rice sticks, air ba and 100% fruit bar!