A question of scruples

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
A man places a gun in your hand, and proceeds to conclusively prove that if you do not kill another innocent man (who he points out) in the next hour, that man will step in front of a bus which will then go over a bridge and kill 30 schoolchildren. What do you do?

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Can I give him the best screw of his life before I kill him?

That would even it out.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Can I give him the best screw of his life before I kill him?

That would even it out.
    Are you going to shoot him after?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    A man places a gun in your hand, and proceeds to conclusively prove that if you do not kill another innocent man (who he points out) in the next hour, that man will step in front of a bus which will then go over a bridge and kill 30 schoolchildren. What do you do?

Tell him to kill that guy himself.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I shoot him.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Dur, I would shot the guy who gave me the gun and I would not even let him finish whatever he was doing with Yukon Joy.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

The children die
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    wait for the bus and shoot the tires out....
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Umm i would dress him up like a clown,tie him up and force him to watch steel magnolias over and over again
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    follow him for the next hour... wait... if he comes encouter with a bus within the last minute, shoot him before he has a chance to step infront of it... obviously, one innocent man is worth 30 innocent children.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

The children die

No they don't. The man giving you the gun, is the same guy pointing out the guy that will stand in front of the bus. He already knows who that guy is. So he has the power to stop him. Tell him to kill the guy himself.
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What about "you may not kill" is confusing? I would, however, talk to the authorities about the crazy guy & what he's up to. And then, just to hedge my bets, I'd go to the bridge to see what I could do to make sure there was no crash or to help out if there was one.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    follow him for the next hour... wait... if he comes encouter with a bus within the last minute, shoot him before he has a chance to step infront of it... obviously, one innocent man is worth 30 innocent children.

You are a horrible person. .... Im kidding :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I passed on that one...

the-box-poster-quad.jpg
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options

You are a horrible person. .... Im kidding :)

that may be ;-) but I just saved 30 innocent children, and obviously one mentally ill man!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I passed on that one...

the-box-poster-quad.jpg

Oh, does that mean we get a million dollars if we shoot the guy?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is not my idea of stimulating conversation...
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    This is not my idea of stimulating conversation...
    Ok Whats your unscrupulous question
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fascinating.......I would try to confine them both until the authorities arrive. In theory.....But I would probably shoot the guy handing me the gun.

My husband said shoot the innocent man in the knee so he can't walk then kill the first guy.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Fascinating.......I would try to confine them both until the authorities arrive. In theory.....But I would probably shoot the guy handing me the gun.

My husband said shoot the innocent man in the knee so he can't walk then kill the first guy.

Oooh good option!!