Those 100 calorie bags of junk food...

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    What keeps me from not eating the whole box? The fact that I'm putting all my hard work and time into losing weight. I don't want to just revert to bad habits. Just mind over matter. Eat your meals and eat smart that way you wont be hungry...then you wont pig out.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I could never get them just because I would get about 1 bag & my fiance would eat the rest in a day... We can't have any kind of junky stuff he doesn't have good self control- good for my diet not for his....
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie microwave popcorn bags
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like the pretzels from nabisco, I take one bag for school, but that's it! I allow myself Just one bag! ;)
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee the Skinny Cow Dark Chocolate Clusters. Oh, my.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for something low cal to dunk in your coffee try Nonni's Biscotti. Their flavors are between 100 and 150 calories.

I was going to suggest this. I think they're more satisfying than the 100 cal packs. They aren't "diet," just low cal. My fav are the turtle pecan, chocolate decadence, and lemon. mmmm. I might go have one now. :)

I used to get the 100 cal packs. I didn't think they were particularly satisfying-- if I was hungry before I ate one, I was still just as hungry after. They were ok for a sugar/chocolate fix but I always wanted more. Then one day when I had run out but wanted something sweet, I looked at the nutrition label (before I was an avid label reader) on the pack of chocolate chip cookies my husband had bought. I could have 2 of his REAL chocolate chip cookies for 120 cal. That's when I stopped buying the diet food. I'd much rather have the real thing if there's only a negligible difference in calories. It'seasier to stop after two real full-fat full-sugar cookies than after one chemical-tasting cardboard-esque diet cookie pack.

If you're looking for some other great options-- Vitatops are only 100 cal and include a good bit of fiber to keep you full. I have the chocolate/chocolate chip almost every evening-- it's good with Kool Whip (additional 13-25 cal, depending on serving) for a dessert effect.
    Also, my other go-to sweet tooth rescue-- half of a hersheys special dark with almonds. 95 cal. It's really rich so if I break it in half and put the other half in the fridge for "later," the half usually does the trick. Of course I have to break it and put the other half away before I start eating or it'll turn into the full 190 calories.

I guess I've just found with myself that I'm less likely to keep eating more and more if it's the real thing. When they take out all the fat and replace the sugar with artificial stuff, I feel like I've eaten 100 calories but gotten absolutely nothing from it.